Change color of A4 manual

hi all,

I need to have the A4 manual in black background and white font in order to not strain my eyes…

when trying to convert it to a doc or rtf file my adobe reader (free version) tells me the file (analog four manual 1.1) is password protected.

when I do in in GIMP I must invert each page individually and cant do the whole lot at once.

thanks for insightful tips

btw I use hacker vision to invert all my colors in chrome on a lot of pages but it doesnt work when I open a pdf in chrome browser

unlocking a pdf is straightforward - google pdf unlock

i do this so i can highlight parts of the manuals

not sure of any automatic way to inverse the whole pdf tho

the pdf unlock things seemed to be malicious software to me … i had a friend help me and now I got a black background white font manual, but it is all in caps and the font and layout is a bit off… but really nice to read in the morning on my 27" IPS Asus

pm me for a copy, and dont tell the swedes :wink:

what OS is your computer?

this site checks out fine, but i guess you never know ! i have software monitoring what apps are taking/making traffic with the net anyway

win 7 64bit

Some PDF readers offer settings for custom text and background colours in documents (I know PDF-XChange does, it’s what I have on my work computer), but this of course doesn’t change image colours and can be glitchy if there’s for example text as an image.

If you already have the PDF as separate images, IrfanView has a nice batch mode that you can use to perform the same action to an entire directory’s images, so you could invert all the pages with a couple of clicks. GIMP probably has something similar, but it might be command-line only.

hi low life.
thanks for your tips on pdf xchange and irfanview … i do not care too much of the colors of the pictures, just need less white when reading on my monitor in the morning

Yes, old thread but I didn’t really see a solution to your issue (which perhaps is no longer an issue) so here’s my (albeit late) dos centavos…

The Chrome plugin Dark Reader works on pdf’s if you open them in a Chrome tab.

1 Like

thanks man! … I use chrome “hacker vision” … will look into your suggestion …thanks bro!

Cool man, hope it does what you need :slight_smile: