Challenge: anybody managed a half decent hoover?

when the vacuum bag explodes all over the room the moment you finish your last pass on the rug

we’re raving now, folks

2 Likes

Finally opened the patch. I like what you did with the LFO phase/fade to pitch mod. Really fine tuned what the pitch envelope was doing.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

This thread delivers. :thup:

1 Like

yes !! nice :smiley:

these crazy versions that the a4 will allow are brilliant and in the last few days i have stumbled and saved some really mental versions in my search , all useful fodder

i just wanted to get as close to ‘the’ sound as possible and i reckon good ol garfy got me there now i can edit to my hearts content

haha, i wish i was getting that hi hat and vocal sample from a4 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

the rest is a4 but had to sample the a4 kick to the OT as needed 3 tracks free for noises and one to oooova :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i wanted it without unison my version kept losing its feel/bite/tune higher up the register, i also wanted more efficiency and knew it could get there just need pointing through the darkness

my cat enjoyed it, but I‘m really confused now

2 Likes

Someone please, do a “Jump” cover.

I broke my midi-keyboard a month ago learning to play the Jump riff. But that one doesn’t need a hoover. It’s more like a creamy Oberheim brass-thing.

:upside_down_face: yeh, I wanna hear the rave version

1 Like

Eric Persing interview.
So you created the original ‘hoover’ sound?

"What happened was, I discovered I was the creator by accident. We [Roland] were getting a lot of feedback from Europe and the UK, that they wanted more dance/club-oriented sounds. There was this important sound - this ‘hoover’ sound’ - that Roland synths had to come with now. We were like “Hoover sound? What’s that?” So I had to research the sound. It was the early days of the internet, and I found some bulletin board somewhere - someone explained what this ‘hoover’ thing was. “An Alpha Juno? I did the Alpha Juno! That’s my patch!” So I was researching how to make the sound, but I was the originator of the sound!

“The story of that patch was, I put that in as a joke, as the Japanese love sounds like cows, cats, birds - they love that kind of stuff, so I made this kind of funny ‘rroooow’ sound, and I just said “What the…”, and saved it really late in the bank, after the more important sounds like the synth brass and fake Rhodes. They liked it, but that was all I thought of it. To find out that it was this huge sound, and all these genres came out of it… out of all the sounds I’ve created and have been used in so many different things, all the D-50 stuff, it’ll probably be the ‘hoover’ that’s the biggest one, and it was a total accident. It’s hilarious!”

7 Likes

Phone speaker listening, didn’t hear the sample :slight_smile:

My house has been one long hoover party this morning.

3 Likes

You can’t get closer to a hoover with this one ! :smiley:

5 Likes

give me the proper notes and i will do a f’ing hard as F rave version drenched in 303 and hoovers :partying_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::love_you_gesture:

i wanna kiss maself :love_you_gesture:

you probably won’t get that joke seeing as you had no idea what a hoover was initially

Last one I promise ! :smile:

Pattern 1 : Unison / Use Track Sounds
Pattern 2 : T1 - Snare Hi note / HH, T2 - Kick, T3 - Hoover Unison 2 voices.

2 Likes

I heard it in the video, that’s all.
?

Did you get that I only used a real hoover for the recording a few post above (post 61)? (Octatrack recording) Kick with my hoover too. :smile:
hooverWP6

The best hoover sound!

1 Like

Kind of…

That Hoover sucks!!!..no literally, that’s it’s sole purpose…

2 Likes

Hahahaha, holy shit, this is a MASSIVE wall of sound. I was trying out using my DT as a sound card and I feel like the DT even fattened it a little more, the cats in the house got really scared :joy:

2 Likes