Chain the same pattern twice?

I’ve been trying to chain the same pattern twice at the beginning of a "song"and I can’t seem to get it to work. It seems like I have to hold down one pattern, then hit the next pattern trig, and so on and so forth, holding things down. If I try to quickly double tap for pattern A01 to play twice, it doesn’t work. Am I missing something?

No, it’s a quirk of pattern chaining. If you always want it to play twice, you can set the CH.LEN to double the pattern length. That’s how I did it in my Doom E1M1 video.

3 Likes

Somebody on here found a button combo workaround for Digitakt that should also work for the Tone.

5 Likes

Link?

Ah yes, the famous “Elektron Quirk” strikes again :slight_smile:

Link added

2 Likes

Whoa. That’s pretty badass. Thanks!

Did anyone manage to get this to work on the Digitone?

The bit about holding down PTN is very Digitakt-specific, and I’ve not managed to get the first pattern twice yet.

(I’ve not updated from 1.02 yet, in case that matters)

I did get it to work. It takes some finageling, but it is doable.

Hmm, I did a lot of finger exercises, but didn’t manage it :slight_smile:

If someone has time, please list the steps.

I’ve gotten it to work.

Here’s a Quick Tip I just filmed showing the process. Full Directions in the description.

7 Likes

Thanks very much for that, I got it now :slight_smile:

I realise where I went wrong, messing around with the BANK key too, as instructed in the manual.

1 Like

Chaining one bar 16 step patterns seems to work better than four bar 64 step patterns. At one point I had two one bar patterns chained with the first bar of a four bar pattern.
I hope a firmware update can improve the chaining functionality.

why does it add A9 to me in the chain?

edit: I have to press PTN again :smiley:

Correct. You have a pattern trig held to kinda trick the pattern menu when you bring it up a second time.

1 Like