CF Folders / Files

That is a bit weird, can you change name on the Octatrack? Maybe just copy across to a new folder?

Finally had the time to investigate this further. I didn´t find an option to rename the Set folder name on the OT, only the project name could be edited. I just created a new folder and left out the special signs and now it´s visible in the computer browser.
Apparently one special sign like +, -, /, etc. is fine but two of them (or more) already seem to cause some trouble (FYI my missing folder was named OT+DT+DN). Can´t judge on which end the hickup happens but now that I know this issue I can name future folders accordingly.

1 Like

Only ever use standard naming conventions, ideally just a-z, A-Z, 0-9, regardless of hardware, software, or how cool that yen sign looks; sooner or later it has the chance to bite you.

5 Likes

Extremely good point. No one wants to be the the musical equipment equivalent of this guy:

Even in modern apps, if a single API endpoint doesn’t handle it properly, it can screw up the whole thing. It gets especially hairy if you include directory-type characters like / and \, so same goes for anyone’s “420_\|/_MIX” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Amusingly, I had to escape the \ character just to get that to work on this post.

2 Likes