CC Programing Interference in Ableton Live

I’m having an odd problem assigning Digitone parameters in Ableton Live. I’m setting up an Akai APC40 mk2 to control parameters via Live and some of the functions appear to be overlapping.

I have 2 banks per each track programmed on the APC40 and I’m using the 8 device control knobs for each bank. effectively, assigning 16 knobs per track.

Bank 1 controls Algorithm, Harmonics, Feedback, XY Mix, Filter Frequency, Resonance, Synth Level A and Level B.

Bank 2 controls ADSR, and sends for each of the Reverb, Delay, Chorus and Drive.

Bank 2 is fine and everything works as it should. Bank 1 has some interference however and the Harmonics, Feedback, XY and Synth Levels all interfere with each other. That is a turn of one knob adjusts the parameter as expected and then a half second later there’s a tweak to the other parameters that follows. So if I turn down Feedback, it turns down Harmonics and XY to the same setting.

I’ve poked around in Ableton’s midi settings as well as settings on the Digitone to no avail.

I’m about to try programming a Beatstep to see if it improves.

Beatstep seems to be fine.

I’m thinking its a problem with the encoder assignments of the APC40. The encoders that I’m using register at CC16-23 and Harmonics, Feedback and XY Mix are all in that range.