Cc messages not recognized from korg monologue [solved]

hi!

i’m sequencing a korg monologue with the digitakt over midi, but i can’t seem to get digitakt to receive cc messages from it, even though the monologue is in fact sending cc messages (and i’m having no issues receiving those cc messages in ableton from monologue or cc from other synths into the digitakt)

for instance: the monologue midi implementation maps cc 43 to cutoff. i’ve set this up in the AMP+FLTR section as usual on my midi track. but, when turning the cutoff knob on the monologue the parameter on the digitakt under FLTR doesn’t react. strange! changing the same parameter in on the digitakt however, does change the value on the monologue.
the digitakt is receiving note on/off messages from monologue just fine.
my midi settings are setup to receive notes AND cc/nprn.
updated monologue to v2.0 and digitakt to v1.1.

any ideas why i’m not getting those cc messages?

How are your devices cabled?

my devices are connected via midi cables going through a midi solutions quadra-thru box and a quadra merge box.

in other words:
digitakt midi out -> quadra thru -> midi in monologue
digitakt midi in <- quadra merge <- midi out monologue

i’ve tried directly connecting the monologue to the digitakt, but the problem still remains. :thinking:

I just did it with my Minilogue. The thing is you can’t customize the MIDI CC’s (Transmit) of the Monologue like on the Digitakt so you will have to match the CC Numbers of the Monologue with the CC Numbers of the Digitakt. Example : EG Attack (CC #20) on the Minilogue controls the Sample Start Point (CC #20) on the Digitakt. The Digitakt is meant to control other gear so why do you want to do the opposite?

To control the cc of midi tracks you need to use the cc listed in the manual for controlling the midi tracks. I believe it’s cc70-cc77 that control the customizable midi cc on the dt midi tracks. you will need to send, for example, track A encoder A cc70 and it will output whatever cc you have set in the amp page, cc43, in your case.

1 Like

I think he wants to do the opposite. Use the Monologue to control the DT parameters? He is transmitting CC from the Monologue to the DT but he is using the MIDI transmit pages of the DT to do so.

It mentions setting up the midi track in the OP. It needs to be set up how I explained to work.

1 Like

The Digitakt is meant to control other gear so why do you want to do the opposite?

totally. i use digitakt as main sequencer/controller but i like to record phrases using each instrument’s own keyboard and knobs (if possible) since they are easy to access and for instance the filter cutoff knob is very smooth and nice on the monologue.

To control the cc of midi tracks you need to use the cc listed in the manual for controlling the midi tracks. I believe it’s cc70-cc77 that control the customizable midi cc on the dt midi tracks.

ah, i see. from the manual:

APPENDIX A: MIDI
A.8 VAL PARAMETERS

it lists 70-77 as cc VAL parameters. so in effect all external must send cc’s in the 70-77 range if i want to change those. monologue can’t remap cc’s so then basically i can’t use monologue for this, if i understand everything, correct?

1 Like

Yes.

right! thanks for helping. your avatar reminded me i’ll have to watch “waking life” again, cool

What you can do is record the sequence of the Monologue with the Digitakt and then record the Motion Sequence of the Monologue in the Monologue. So you have the sequence in the Digitakt and the motion sequence(s) (up to 4) in the Monologue. That’s what I do with my Minilogue.

3 Likes