Card to Card copy Octa1 and Octa2

Hi All,
I use my octractrack1 in my live set for years. It works on old OS, but it is quite stable and I don’t want to change it. Now I have the second one, but it is Octatrack2 and it has a higher OS version than the 1st one.
My idea is to use both utilizing the same content, hence I need to copy my CF card from Octatrack1 to CF card for Octatrack2.
How can I manage this?
Could you please advise some hints and tricks that I should keep in mind preparing this cloning?
Logic says that I should simply copy content from CF1 to the empty CF2 with help of a card reader. My experience says that there should be some yellow lights which I should take care of.
Very looking forward to your advice.

Yes, this works.

Also, put a copy of the CF on your computer as an additional backup. Whenever I’ve made a lot of progress in my OT Project, I copy the contents of the folders I’ve changed (usually SET####, and AUDIO) to the OT backup folder I keep on my computer.

That said, if you have issues copying from the OT (which is really a card reader in USB mode) to another CF card directly, try copying to your computer first, then copy that backup to the new CF.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for the help!
Seems I was too scared in my past with Octa))))

1 Like

Just be extra-careful when swapping cards: I’ve read many a story about pins getting bent in OT’s card reader which is a show stopper (needing Elektron service)

1 Like