Can't upload .wav files into Sound Banks - Analog Rytm MK2

I have updated to 1.70 and I am using Transfer 1.6.7 (on MacOS).
When I try to drop into for example sound bank b, the field gets red and it says “File(s) not supported on this drop area”
It doesn’t also list on the left side my .wac files.

It seems to be a bug on MacOS ? Can I upload some .log files or something?

“Sounds” are settings files for the Machines, and might link to Samples.

Banks hold Sounds.

Samples are digital waveforms played by the sample layer on each track, possibly linked to by a Sound. Samples are stored outside of banks, in folders, on the +Drive.

You can use transfer to copy Sounds to Banks, and Samples to the +Drive.

Use the other panels in Transfer to copy the Samples you want to the +Drive. If you want them used as part of a Sound, make the Sound on the Rytm after you’ve copies the sample over. You can then save it in a Bank of your choice.

If you have a pre-made sound pack, which uses samples, you’ll need to ensure the folder structure on the Rytm matches the expected structure for the Sounds in the pack.

1 Like

Is there a faster way to link for example 120 samples with slots in the sound bank?
Or do I have to got 120 times load the samples in and save it as a sound on a bank?

It drives me a bit mad that I have to go to sample settings, load the sample to the project before then chose it over the little menu with the knob, turn the volume for synth part off and turn the volume for the sample on. There must be a easier way?

Agreed. But I don’t know of any other way.

There’s another thread on here regarding turning samples into sounds. There might be tips there.

Doing anything in bulk on any Elektron is painful. They’re so focused on doing live, in-the-moment detail tweaks that the UI makes it quite hard to do anything in bulk. I’ve decided never to try it. Instead I focus on just the current track, or set. Maybe try uploading a kit’s or a song’s worth of samples in one session, say 12-16 samples, rather than creating 120 micro tasks for yourself in one huge batch.

1 Like

@Elektron why do we have to break our fingers to just use samples, and why is there no better solution in 8 years?