Can't update Analogue Heat2

The same thing happened to me on my A4 several years ago, but I don’t recall how I finally got it to work. Have you heard anything from support?

I suspect the issue is that Transfer detects that the SysEx is an OS and uses the upgrade protocol in which some messages are exchanged between the computer and the device. As the device firmware is old enough this protocol is not implemented and is just waiting for a plain SysEx message containing the OS.

The official documentation states that a simple SysEx transfer utility could be used for this.

I know you’ve tried everything already but just to be sure, have you done these steps from the official documentation and sent the SysEx with a 3rd party application? It makes no sense if the device doesn’t do anything under these conditions.

1. Select SYSTEM in the SETTINGS menu, and then select OS UPGRADE.
  2. Send the SysEx firmware file to the Analog Heat either using the MIDI In Port or the USB MIDI In Port.

Sorry if I’m being too picky here.

Just to confirm once again, I have already upgraded the OS from 1.02 to 1.10 using c6. It worked fine, the settings were fine, it did its job no problems.

You’re talking about Transfer when I’m already just trying it via the sysex program (which is working okay).

I know it makes no sense. It makes even less sense when it can upgrade to one OS version number, but not the other, using the steps you linked to.

This is why I’m baffled. I have gone through every setting, changing from usb+midi to usb to just midi. I can still update to 1.10, that works just fine. But just not to 1.21 (or 1.20).None of it helps

Unless there is a setting to be picked in the Heat that I have missed that is necessary for 1.21 but somehow wasn’t for 1.10, which would be bizarre.

When I say I’ve tried everything, I have literally tried everything. I tried a 3rd party program on the desktop and on the mac too. None of that matters, because as I have said, c6 is actually working ok, only just for 1.10 and not for 1.21

OMG, I don’t believe this.
I actually have the analog heat mk 1 not mk 2. I returned the mk 2 when I got a cheap deal on the mk 1. I had an operation recently, and I think it’s turned my brain to mush
I’m so sorry for wasting everyone’s time. I feel like such an idiot. lol
Thank you anyway to everybody who tried to help me.

4 Likes

Haha, we’ve all been there. Glad you got it sorted.

2 Likes