Cant seem to use FUNC YES or NO to Save or reload

I’m on a A4 MkII and for some strange reason I can’t seem to use the shortcut FUNC + YES or NO to save or reload, despite it saying SAVE and RELOAD under the YES and NO keys.

The YES and NO buttons work normally usually, as does the FUNC key, and I can save and load patterns via the PTN button, but I’m wondering why this usual functionality isnt working.

I can only think there’s a setting somewhere I need to turn on to make it work.

the A4 is relatively new to me, so perhaps there’s a weird quirk with this one I’m not aware of.

Thanks so much

if A4 is anything like AR then FUNC+YES/NO doesn’t work as in the digis, the SAVE and RELOAD parts referring to individual menus/params and there’s no global temp save/reload

3 Likes

Not sure about the MKII but on the MKI you have to hit PATTERN, KIT, or SONG with the Yes (save) or NO (Reload) not FUNC

https://cdn.www.elektron.se/media/downloads/analog-four-mkii/Analog-Four-MKII-User-Manual_ENG_OS1.51C_220204.pdf#page=82

All sorts of obvious and not so obvious key combinations at the end of the very useful manual. Good idea to print that out until muscle memory adapted.