Can't p-lock sample start/end on MKII?

I recorded a long sample of me reading a news report about bad weather (don’t @ me) and wanted to slice it up by p-locking the start and end points, live. I went to the SMPL page, got into live recording mode, and started tweaking the start/end points with some visual feedback from the waveform.

The p-locks seem to get saved inasmuch as the trigs go yellow, but the sample continued to be triggered from the start. Is what I’m trying to do possible? I can’t find it as a stated limitation in the manual.

Try lowering the Amp Hold / Decay so the sample is re-triggered

1 Like

Would a red trigger not do that? I’ve got red trigs on 1, 7, 14 and p-locks all over the place from the live knob-twiddling. When 7,14 are hit, the sample starts from the same place it did at 1. I’ll try the Hold/Decay when I’m back in front of it, thanks.

Nah, the amp envelope isn’t re-triggered (common feature request)

1 Like

Well, I turned the unit back on and what I was trying to do just worked without me doing anything… all my plocks started getting recognised after a reboot. Thanks though :slight_smile:

I am noticing more than the odd bug, which isn’t surprising for a unit of this complexity. I’ll just stack this with the rest of them.