Can't get samples to my DT via Transfer

Hi kind people of the world!

So when I try go transfer samples to my DG via Transfer software from my computer, both the program itself and DG freeze and only switching off and reboot helps to start the DG again. By its own DG works perfectly. Latest OS (1.50) is installed via LEGACY installation method - Transfer software also glitched when I tried to install it by dragging sysex file as usual. I’ve own a DG for 4 years and never had any issues until now. Previously I’ve updated DG via Transfer few times and managed samples many times without a problem. I use MacBook pro M1 2021

Hi, did you try loading some of the same samples you’ve had success with in the past to confirm it’s not a corrupt data issue with the new files you are attempting to transfer? If you have and you believe this is related to the new os and it can not be resolved, there is an 1.50 bugs thread you could add this to.

Digitakt 1.50 : Bug reports - Elektron Gear / Digitakt - Elektronauts

edit: are you saying when you tried to use transfer to load the new OS you had the same freezing issue?

1 Like

Yes I tried that and it freezes and also yes, when I tried to use transfer to load the new OS I had the same freezing issue.
I also didn’t transfer any samples for over a year, so Transfer software worked last on an old DG firmware on an old computer (Macbook pro 2015)
Also there’s one more issue with the DG I forgot to mention - I have a corrupt sample folder on my DG than when I try to access It - it freezes my DG and it’s like that for over a year with the old firmware too. Maybe I should format my hard drive? Will it help?

there was a thread with a similar problem except the guy bought a dt which someone had already tried to fix it by deleting everything (including factory samples). It sounds like you may want to consider doing a reformat and see if it helps as long as your projects are backed up. I’ll try and find the thread to link.

It sounds like there may be a problem with the data on your dt and how it’s reacting to transfer but I don’t know for sure, hopefully someone else can help.

edit: maybe some info in this thread is useful, maybe not the memes but the actual info :slight_smile:

Just got Digitakt and need help - Elektron Gear / Digitakt - Elektronauts

thanks! I read this thread and yes it looks similar, but I didn’t get this guy’s final result. Did he perform a factory reset and/or hard drive format? Did it help? Also how do I back up my projects if Transfer software doesn’t work?

same transfer app latest version and digitakt 1.50 - crashing moving smaples and cant save projects

1 Like

his result was he got rid of the corrupted data by doing the reset and it was verified by him successfully recording and loading samples to slots by using the line in recording function, he was unable to reload the factory samples by normal means and either created a support ticket or contacted the seller but he didn’t update after that.

I don’t know how you would back up the projects without transfer, if no one here will respond with an answer then create a support ticket and ask elektron for help. The only thing I can think of is ask if anyone has either an older version of the transfer app you can try or I don’t know if you can install old old OS over the top of the new OS but I have a copy of 1.40B and possibly 1.40A and if that was working for you, and if someone can confirm you can “downgrade” OS I’ll see if there’s a way for me to upload that for you.

If someone can confirm either of these then we will have some more info, but if not I don’t want to contribute to your problem so I’d like to wait for someone else who has facts or ask you to create the support ticket.

Hi! An update to my situation. I solved the problem successfully by formatting my +drive. Everything works perfectly now, although I lost some of my projects.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t a funeral but I’m sorry for your loss! I was also thinking the corrupt data in the file on the plus drive was the cause. glad to know it worked out, also thanks for the follow up because it’s good info for anyone in the future with similar problems