Can't find what bank/number a sound is in on A4

So there’s a sound (in one of the preset patterns that came with the A4) that I want to use in a pattern I’m making, but I can’t locate the sound within the Soundpool/+Drive.

I can see the name of the sound when I push the track button, but it doesn’t display where the sound is located. I’ve used the search features, but no luck. It’s in (preset) Kit 49, and the sound is called “Ambi”.

I’m sure there’s something simple I’m missing (I’ve had the A4 for a few weeks now). Could someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Thx!

Use the Search feature

Edit: in the sound browser push either the L/R button to get to the option

I did. I stated that in my post.

I’ve never used Search, does it search entire +drive or per bank? If the latter did you search inside each bank (I think there are 2 factory banks)?

I think I did, but I’ll try that again. Thx.

1 Like

I did that, but maybe I missed something. Thx.

Then I’d recommend re saving the sound under a different bank/name

Or maybe you have a filter on?

You do realise that sounds in a Kit are divorced from the +Drive, a sound in a Kit need never exist in the Pool/+Drive … though some (maybe most) will be in there … but there’s no longer a connection, beyond the name potentially being useful

3 Likes

So I copied the pattern (Yes/Save + D1) to a new sound bank. The sound shows up in that bank listed with the same name as the original, but there is no sound at all there. Weird. I did that with 2 different sounds that I liked, but couldn’t find anywhere (Soundpool or +Drive), and they both show up with the correct names (Ambi and Ambi 2) but no sound at all.

Greetings all, was wondering if anyone knows of a way to see which bank and which sound number a sound is in. It gives you the name of the chosen sound when you double press T1-T4 but it doesn’t show you where it is in the sound banks or even take you right to it, which it seems it should, so I assume I’m missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Caleb.

@CalebCromb What you miss here is that when adding a sound to a kit it gets completely copied into the kit. There remains no “back link” to the original sound from where it get copied.

The benefit of this copying is that you can modify the sound in the kit however you want without the original being influenced by your modifications.

1 Like