Cannot get Trig Repeat to fade in, only out (for both -127 and 127)

Hello,

Before I go through the process of trying to document this; i’d like to make sure this isn’t a well-known issue.
When I edit a step in the Trig Repeat menu, the behavior of the “fade” option is supposed to be, according to the manual, that a value of -127 will cause the retrig to fade out during its duration, and a value of 127 will cause the retrig to fade in.

The difficulty that I am encountering is that both negative and positive values cause “fade out” results, with values approaching “0” lessening the effect.

I feel like I must be missing something really obvious?
I am running v1.13 of the firmware

Thanks

Try setting the corresponding trigger with a low velocity (using the data encoder) and a high fade value for a fade in.

I think there is a bug in the velocity of the retrigs. I once experimented with the retrigs to get chromatic sweeps up and down by routing velocity to pitch. And when I set the velocity of the trig to less that 127 but the retrig fade to -127, the velocity will go “below 0”, from where it will rise again, but dropping the velocity modulation and only keeping the default routing to the level.
But, for your use case, I think @triandgle is right:
In order to get a fade in from silence, I think you must set the velocity of the trig to 0.

1 Like