Cannot get my M:S to connect to any of my Macs

I’m so bummed and frustrated. I bought a new sample pack and was so excited to dive in! Though my M:S was recognized by my Mac laptop is the past, now it isn’t.
I’ve used four different USB cords, tried two different computers, and nothing is working.
I’ve set all my connections on the sampler to USB.
What am I missing?

An audio interface

Wrong anser. M:S is a class compliant audio interface.

1 Like

but still needs an audio interface to work if connected to a computer. I’ve got both the Model:Cycles and the Model:Samples and a Mac so I know how it works, thanks

Works well on other OS.

OP said it used to work I have no reason to think he is lying so maybe something broke in an update.

My Maschine MK3, I connect directly to the Mac and have sound, no problem. With the Models, you definitely need an audio interface.

I don’t think it does.

OP: Are you trying to upload your new sound pack? Have you got the latest version of Transfer?

It’s not me dude, I’m all good. Everything works fine here, thanks

An audio interface is of no use to an owner of the MS/C for this purpose

In either Mode of operation of the USB port it is either class compliant MIDI (what is needed)

Or it is class compliant Audio + Class compliant Midi (also what is needed and doubling the use case of an audio interface)

So no audio interface required

The MS/C has no audio inputs - but they’re no use in this scenario for the op

The OP’s machine may be bust - best to look at the system info and diagnostics side to see if it’s showing up at all - it should be automatic

2 Likes

Funny I sometimes just plug my M:S to connect headphones on my linux laptop as the builtin audio interface doesn’t sound that great.

No audio interface required. If your system is working fine, then you’re probably not the best person to help with someone who is experiencing issues you aren’t familiar with.

Let’s move on to helpful posts only.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi there. Yes, I don’t see why I’d need to use an audio interface…

Tell me more about looking at the system info… What might I be looking for?

I do have the latest version of Transfer. And, yes, I’m trying to upload a new sound pack and also maybe do some organizing on MS

On the assumption it’s genuinely absent from the options and not showing - it should probably still be evident to the Mac

Try Apple Menu / About this Mac / System Report / USB

it may appear here, is so cables and hardware ports are okidoki

This may point to you having one Model setting wrong

Go to MS settings and select MIDI / Ports

make sure Inp from & Out to is set to M+U (MIDI + USB)

Also have a look at Audio Midi Setup App on Mac

look at both Audio and Midi pages for evidence of the device

images below for hints - also try the system menu bar for audio drop down to see if MS is there

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 17.27.52

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 17.29.25

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 17.26.51

2 Likes

He is trying to get his new sample pack on the model samples as mentioned in his first post. He doesnt need an aidio interface for that.

No. M:S streams audio (master stereo track) over USB. No audio interface needed either

If you don’t see your device listed in Audio MIDI config tool (its in Utilities) and Transfer isn’t seeing the M:S, reboot your Mac and try a different USB cable.

Are you using an USB hub? Do you have other USB devices connected to your Mac? Which version of OSX? Which Mac? Is there a setting in M:S settings you need to change?

@avantronica, and everyone else, you’re the best! It worked by changing some of the settings. Now I’m calling in sick to jam. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thank you for your kindness. It’s a pleasure being wrong with you

1 Like

A good outcome. Super.