Can you use the Digitakt to control lights?

I found a few websites that cover video synthesis I thought you all would enjoy.

Share Synth

Hackaday

I also found this cool analog synth from Gieskes

Cheers!

Cool links :+1:

1 Like

I have one to sell if you want - Panasonic AVE-5 - there are also tutorials how to circuit bend it with audio out there

2 Likes

great thread guys… recently started with processing

that’s Software to make visuals

with Java

tippy shit
easy to learn more or less

Processing is good stuff and super easy today learn.

Already had an edirol v4 in the mail…

Processing looks fun.

How do you connect it to the Digitakt?

1 Like

I’ve been studying everything and I think my best way to control lights using the Digitakt is buying a DMX controller with a MIDI input. Then using the MIDI controls on the Digitakt to active light sequences programed into the DMX controller. From there I can send signals to light moudules around my room, which in turn will create the beams of light through the prisim cubes.

Obey 40 is a good beginner DMX controller, if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing

My Obey 40 is in the mail! I also ordered a DMX-4 LED Lighting Dimmer/Relay. My plan is to send MIDI data from the Digitakt to trigger the Obey 40 which will send DMX instructions to the Dimmer/Relay. The Dimmer/Relay would turn on or off a Godox SL-60 LED Video Light. Then I’m hoping to use lenses to focus the light from the Godox into the Prisim Cubes I have set up around my room.

Does anyone else know of a cheaper light source than the Godox SL-60 that can produce a small beam of light?

1 Like