Can you trim audio accurately e.g. by bar or step in bar, or is the only way to do this by ear?

Hey guys,

So I’ve got a 32 bar loop I’ve brought over from Ableton, which is a snare pattern with the first hit of each bar landing on the 2nd step. I now want to use the second part of this loop ie the latter 16 bars, so I add it again to a new flex slot and enter the trim section. Is the only way to adjust the new start point for the loop to scroll the a encoder and listen by ear until the snare hits on the two in time? As I can’t match it to the first step of the waveform because, there is no audio on the first step. Just wondering if there is anyway to move through the trimed section by bars or steps?

I consulted the manual but couldn’t really find anything on this topic, would be great if any of you guys could help!

Why not use slices, or set a trig in the sequencer with Start parameter p-locked to 64? No need to use two slots for the same sample.

1 Like

Yes, go into the Sample Edit menu and to the ATTR sub menu. You can set length by bars and beats there.

However, if this is coming in from Ableton and therefore a perfect loop, why not just use the same Flex sample and go into the Track Parameter Page and change STRT to 64, this will start the sample exactly halfway.

Or trim the sample to the snare and place the trig where the snare should be.

I would also use a Static sample if it’s 32bars long to save some memory.

Hope this helps

EX/

1 Like

When you move the start point in the editor, the length of bars is displayed at the bottom of the screen along with exact sample position…

2 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for the heads up. Changing the start point was the sort of thing I was looking for!

1 Like