Can you save packs?

Did I imagine it or did I read somewhere you can save “packs” of samples so you can reload a set of 6 samples as a kit? Anyone know how to do this?

Essentially, just get 6 samples in a folder and use the option to ‘load folder’ when browsing samples. You can refine that by making sure each one has a number suffix from 1-6 and then they will land in the right track.

1 Like

Great thanks, I was wanting to create some packs to share so I just need to organise the samples in folders of 6 sequentially numbered samples :+1:t2:

1 Like

BTW you can add more than 6 , but only 6 will load, obviously. But the benefits is, if you have a theme, to add more samples for sound locks, and they’re very easy to navigate to if they’re in the same folder.

@bibenu was correct about how to label the file names. The Elektron sample packs (free and paid) are set up this way, but you can make your own.

Not sure if you knew how to load them, however. Navigate to the folder that has the 6-sample “kit” you want to load and long press the Orange encoder knob. It will then ask you if you want to load the whole kit.

I set up my whole device with both individual samples and then a separate folder that had just kits. The reason being that M:S has really good U.I. in some aspects, and nightmarish U.I. in others. Trying to load 6 individual instruments one-by-one would actually take quite a bit of time if you didn’t use the kits. So I have a like an “808” kit and a “DMX” kit, etc.

2 Likes