Can we rotate a pattern by steps?

Hi, can’t find anything in the manual or the forum search (maybe my search terms are wrong): is it possible to rotate a pattern in step increments?

Thanks!

Fn + < or > in grid edit mode

8 Likes

Not gonna lie, I like the term “rotate” in this case.

2 Likes

Wow, didn’t even know we could do that. Haven’t read the manuals yet.

1 Like

I imagine it’s that way pre OT too (certainly that way OT onwards), but for the Cycles/Samples (as there’s no arrow keys) it’s a bit different FTR … Whilst in Grid Edit Mode hold down Track and rotate the Level Encoder … it’s much quicker, so needs caution

And work on all elektron gears :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I missed that…

oh my god. to hell with youtube, i’m reading the manual from now on!

2 Likes

There’s a reason for RTFM replies, despite their apparent harshness :wink: Seriously, tho, I always read them before getting a new Elektron, again when it arrives and I have it in front of me, and I dip in several times whenever something comes up that I’d like to do. They’re a dry read, but so so informative

6 Likes

I’m a compulsive manual reader, and often help others out with all sorts of things, but I sincerely didn’t find this one, because I was looking for the wrong terms… I was looking for “rotate pattern”, “shift pattern” in vain. BTW we can NOT rotate a pattern, it’s per track which is probably why I didn’t find it :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I wasn’t aiming it at you. Just talking generally. This one is definitely not obvious :slight_smile:

1 Like