Can the MIDI tracks receive CC data from an external synth?

Say for instance I set the knobs to correspond with the CC input for the ADSR sliders on my synth and my synth to send CC. Would I be able to change the values on the digitakt midi channel by adjusting the sliders on the synth or does the digitakt on send midi cc on the midi tracks and is unable to receive?

I’m not sure to understand what you try to achieve, but the Digitakt MIDI tracks can respond to incoming CC messages. You can for example change the LFO depth of the MIDI track with CC.

But I think you wanna change the CC value that this track is sending with another CC from external gear? The manual always got me thinking that it was possible because of this section (p.74) :

But I never got this to work, it seems like it’s impossible to change the CC values of the FLTR page with another incoming CC. But maybe I’m doing something wrong!

1 Like

I believe this is a confirmed bug.

Oh thank you for the clarification, I hope this will be fixed one day!

Yes they can. It should werk now. It was a bug before the public beta.
Ive got the VAL tracks on the DT recieving midi.
Cant remember if they need a trig on the first step to initiate.

1 Like

You mean the new public beta aka OS 1.11? I’m still on 1.10 as I don’t use Overbridge

1 Like

Before updating, try setting a trig on the first step of your VAL track you want affected.

I havent updated to latest. And it werks.
Im jusy not sure if that trig was needed or not.

Ill check later.

1 Like

I thought I’d dig out this topic instead of opening a new one. Hope you don’t mind!

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly and if yes, how it is done exactly. So it is possible to record MIDI CCs that external synths are sending to the DT? And those CCs can be recorded on a MIDI track as automation. And if so, can this automation then be sent back to the originating synths?

That would be awesome! So you could use the synths own interface to generate parameter movement in a very intuitive way. But how to set it up?

See a response on a previous topic that answers your question: