Can the Audio Tracks send sequence as MIDI?

I think it unlikely that the sequencer does not use MIDI considering that you can use an external MIDI keyboard to program the sequencer and that the A4 and Rytm sequencers are now capable of transmitting MIDI data!

I thought it was rather common knowledge that the elektron internal audio sequencer run on elektron’s own protocol. Just because they have been able to add the very simple function of midi note out on top of what already exist in some boxes doesn’t change that.

You can use MIDI data to play the audio/synth engines and you can use MIDI data to program the sequencer.

So Elektron are transforming MIDI data into some other data protocol prior to storing it in the sequencer. Doesn’t sound particularly efficient!

I’m not sure whats to keep arguing. It’s been stated/confirmed by elektron that the internal audio sequencer isn’t run on midi but their own protocol. It has come up in many topics across this board

I think your statements are extrapolating somewhat from these two posts:

2 Likes

Just found this thread as I was trying to record 1-9 tracks in my DAW.
In the beginning, I thought it was possible because MIDI notes are sent when pressing any 1-9 buttons.
So sad this couldn’t work because I like to start working drum patterns on the DT and switch to Ableton after.
I wasn’t imagining this limitation before purchasing the DT :frowning:

Hope Elektron would/could implement this functionally in a future version …

1 Like

Hi, sorry to necrobump the thread but does anyone here know if this is something that is planned for a future firmware update or overbridge update?

We are using Touchdesigner to generate audioreactive visuals from multiple MIDI instruments, and this really is a game breaker (we are using the Digitakt as our main drum sequencer…)

I am so surprised this feature is still missing, while we can see the triggers from the internal sequencers in Overbridge in real time… I really hope this feature will get enabled in a future release!

Welcome to the forum!

No-one outside Elektron knows their future plans. Your request is unlikely to be fulfilled.

A known alternative is to use the MIDI sequencer tracks and route them both to external equipment and back into the DT’s audio tracks.

1 Like

you can also copy the audio track’s sequences and paste them into adjacent midi tracks using PAGE+copy/paste (need to be in rec mode)

1 Like

I thought I was going crazy as I’ve been trying to get this working on my Digitakt this morning as I’d like to be able to capture the note on/off data to use for sidechaning an external compressor and could swear I’d seen it in the settings.

After scratching my head for an hour I think I worked out why I thought it was possible, because it is possible on the Rytm. If you go into the track settings on the AR there is a checkbox for ‘Send MIDI’ and it does exactly what’s being asked of here.

So I don’t buy the excuse about Elektron using their own protocol for the sequencer or whatever, I think this is just a feature they’ve chosen not to implement on the smaller boxes.

Annoying because it means there’s no way to do what I want to achieve (as there’s also no seperate audio out) without using a seperate MIDI track which isn’t really ideal (and won’t work for trig probability, fills etc.). I was considering working with my Digitakt more because it’s a neat box but this stuff just keeps me coming back to AR.