Can the Analog Keys CV outputs mimic MAFD for DFAM?

Title says it; the MAFD allows playing any of the 8 DFAM steps via midi, presumably by advancing the clock quickly to a step and then triggering it. Is there a way to do this via the a4 CV outs? Obviously you can advance the DFAM step with the clock feature or trigs, but can’t think of how to mimic the MAFD midi feature. My DFAM is in route, simply trying to play ahead.

Thanks!

https://sonoclast.com/products/mafd_2hp/

I don’t think you’d have the level of programmability and control on the CV track to be able to do that, unfortunately (fwiw, I use their RFD module with my A4 and DFAM and it works really well)

Thanks, that’s what I feared. Been after a DFAM for years, finally got a great deal on one, but a MAFD is about 40% the price of the DFAM I landed itself. For the time being I will use the a4 to advance it, and decide at a later date if the MAFD is something I need.

1 Like

:+1:. I worked with my DFAM for ages that way (just sending triggers into the Adv/clock input to clock it), and it works really well- the only annoying thing is having to manually reset the sequence, which was one of the reasons for me getting the RFD (also doing funky rhythms but sending reset triggers). One fun thing to do is to send irregular trigger patterns into the clock input from the A4, you can get neat happy accidents from that

Indeed sounds fun in its own right! Thanks again!