Can not install Overbridge 2.7.13 / Virus Warning on installing the Windows Version

Hello everyone!

Since a few days i’m a happy owner of a Digitakt E25 Remix Edition. The OS on the machine is 1.5.1A. I’ve used Elektron Transfer to install the latest OS. The Machine works like it should. For to bringing the sound out in my Ableton 11 i need Overbridge.

I’ve tried to install Overbridge 2.7.13 on my Windows 10 System. After downloading it, unzipped, my avast Antivirus App states a Script.SNH-gen[Drp] Virus warning. I’ver tried to download it several times, no way to install it.

Is this a false positive of my Antivirus App and is the download save? I’ve opened a support ticket, but still got no answer.

Does anyone else experiencing this issue?

Kind regards

Avast is not exactly trustworthy (see the recent news) so just allow the app in its settings and maybe look for a better security software solution.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new E25 Digitakt!

Can you temporarily disable Avast and scan the zip with Windows Defender?

1 Like

When I test the download link for the zip on VirusTotal, there are no detection of any bad things. You can always test your download link on their site as well.

1 Like

Thanks everybody. I’ve changed the Antivirus App and it shows no more alerts. I have installed the software and it works. Even Ableton integration was no problem. Thank you for your input and the solution of this issue.

Kind regards

3 Likes