Can I route separate Overbridge outputs into a multichannel USB Mixer?

I just bought a Soundcraft MTK12, (multitrack USB analog mixer) and after a long time away from Elektron gear, I bought myself a Syntakt, which I’m loving.

What I’d like to do, is somehow split out the channels using Overbridge, and route them back into the Soundcraft using it’s USB Return feature. This is for live jamming, so I can have separate FX sends etc, not for recording - I’d use Overbridge for that.

I’m not sure if what I’m trying to do is even feasible. I own Reason and Cubase… and I’m pretty sure Reason can’t do it. I’m not even sure Cuabse will do it - I’m wondering if I need some special audio device routing software?! As you can probably tell, I’m not super savvy with this stuff, so if anyone can help, that would be awesome! :slight_smile:

This should be achievable with any DAW, you don’t need any extra device.

In the DAW make sure your mixer is assigned as audio output device, create as many audio tracks as your mixer allows and route each track to a different mixer channel.

Before setting up overbridge you could do a test by dropping some audio into each track to make sure your mixer is receiving it. If it works you can delete that audio. if it’s not working double check routing

Each overbridge audio track can be routed into the mixer via the tracks you just created

It’s usually as simple as that, if you have problems maybe check mixer settings is set to receive audio over usb instead of analog inputs

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried this in Cubase and Reason, you can only select one ASIO audio driver. So if I select the Soundcraft as the output (tested the USB return function, and audio does indeed go to the mixer), I can’t select Overbridge as the input driver.
There can only be one!
Doesn’t seem to be anything in the Overbridge control panel that would let me route it anywhere either.

You’re welcome

The mixer should be your main inputs too, well at least it works best for me this way so I can record the mixer tracks back into the DAW. I have a different mixer but I imagine it’s similar

Overbridge doesn’t need to be assigned as the DAW’s audio in/out, you can select the audio track routing to receive from the plugin tracks rather than audio inputs

It’s been a long time since I used Reason or Cubase I’m not sure the exact wording they use sorry

Thanks again, I’d just replied saying I didn’t think it was possible, and after some more clicking about, I worked out how to do it!
Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have set up this way using Ableton, Bitwig and Logic to send multitracks from Digitakt and Rytm simultaneously to A&H SQ5

I followed the Ableton set up example in the Overbridge manual, the other DAWs were quite similar to set up. Cubase can surely do this but I’m less sure about Reason

Check device is set to Overbridge mode rather than USB audio in the settings

1 Like