Can i fit Analog Heat MK2 in my setup?

Hi all, i’ve been looking at the Heat Mk2 and i love the sound of it. However i’m not sure how/or even if it can be introduced to my setup.

My setup is very basic:

Rytm Mk2, Digitakt and digitone all going into my Mac via USB hub, into Logic Pro X and using overbridge.

I really like the convenience of audio over USB, at least at this moment in time as space is a big factor for me and my setup tends to move around quite a lot.

So i have each individual output from each synth on its own track in Logic, but without having a decent mixer which supports Multi out puts, am i right in thinking that I currently have no way of routing all the audio from my synths, into the Heat whilst keeping individual tracks in Logic?

I would like to somehow send my main output of Logic, into the Heat but then BACK into Logic for recording.

I’m sorry if this has confused anyone…I’ve confused myself lmao

Any advice would be appreciated though, thanks!!

If you want to send all your Tracks in the Heat, do it in your DAW with the Heat plug-in. You can put it on the Master or create a Group and send that Group in the Heat. You know that the Analog Heat is OB too, right?

1 Like

Ahh i was aware that it was OB, but i didn’t think about the plugin side of it. To use it in this way, can i just connect it to my Mac in the same way as the rest of my setup? (All synths via USB into Mac, then i create Aggregated device) and then use the Heat just as if it were a logic plug in? That sounds literally perfect for what i want.

Thankyou so much!

Yes.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

That’s great! Thankyou again…there goes more money :rofl:

1 Like

Overbridge is pretty reliable when it comes to Analog Heat MKII, at least for me. Much more reliable than for my Digitone for example.

1 Like

Overbridge is the way to go with the AH, the plugin opens up a very different and efficient way to visualize how to modulate and craft you sound, even if I like to twist the knobs sometimes.

Do you get latency with Overbridge and Logic Pro X sometimes ? When I use the Digitone for example, after some time, I can clearly hear latency when I play a sound from it, not sure why…

1 Like

Another bonus of using it via OB is the option to use it in mid/side mode, really adds a new dimension to tracks!

1 Like

I have a Heat coming tomorrow and I was wondering if connecting it to my mixer’s outputs (which go into my soundcard’s inputs) is the way to go.

After reading this thread I’m not so sure if the above is the best option, maybe using it with OB is the best option? So I can use it in the master bus or individual tracks in Ableton.

Can I just have it connected to my mixer’s outputs and via Overbridge and choose where and how to use it?

Yes.

2 Likes

Excellent news, thank you :slight_smile:

Thankyou for your reply, i do indeed have issues with latency. In Logic Pro X, sometimes the whole setup will ‘Hiccup’ and the fix is the just start/stop logic using the spacebar and then everthing goes back nicely. But its not fun when it happens halfway through recording lol

I have not found a solid fix

1 Like

I’m sure you could route it this way, i was considering doing what you’re doing but i love how easy and clean everything is over USB.

I’m sure somebody with more experience can help you better though.

Oh…one thing i remember reading on here somewhere, was to go into Overbridge suite and check the latency on there, it should be around 100 (i believe) but sometimes it can change itself.

It maybe worth trying this in Logic aswell under Preferences > Audio > I/O Buffer size 128 or 256, however sometimes the lag just happens later in the session

1 Like