Can empty preset slots just leave params wherever they are?

If I get a AH+FX and I send it PCs (from OT) can empty preset slots be like not switching presets and just leave params wherever they happen to be? Or would it always switch to a new initial state when sending PCs?

I think the AH jumps to initial params on each new PC value, meaning I have to configure it for every pattern, right? I want a certain EOC setup for most patterns (e.g. heat+compressor) but have a few certain patterns automatically have some FX too, is this possible? Thanks

hu, why not send a pc message via the first pattern (or the same pc message by every pattern)?
and via cc, you can turn effects of the ah +fx on and off

Edit: for clarification, on and off in the sense of making the amount 0% or 100%, but this of course gives also the possibility to fade them in and out.

I guess cuz then I’d be limited to 4 AH presets per OT bank instead of 16 (using parts to send out PCs)

Wouldn’t it be cool if blank AH presets were really blank instead of a pre-defined initial config :thinking: (That way I could have a separate config for all patterns but leave it as my basic EOC config when I want)

But CCs to enable Fx is a great idea, I didn’t know that, maybe that’s the move then. (But I can’t rearrange Fx order that way afaik)

On and Off is via Wet/Dry or Amount, btw. (with that, you can fade in/fade out parts of the chain, also you can modulate everything via OT) … but you are right - unless I missed something, re-arranging isn’t possible. For /that/, you can change to a different preset.

But otherwise, you can control everything on the AH +FX via CCs,
https://cdn.www.elektron.se/media/downloads/analog-heat-fx/Analog_Heat_FX_User_Manual_ENG_OS1.0_230510.pdf#page=41

However, I still don’t understand the purpose of switching presets without switching presets, because if you don’t want to change the preset, don’t send a PC message? :stuck_out_tongue:

What I do is that I have presets of things I regularily use, and then I can CC control lots of things (for example, low cut everything, or different low cuts per sequencer step). When I need something else, I create that one new preset or variation of a preset :wink:

1 Like

Nice, appreciate the page link.

Cuz I like the simplicity of a preset slot per pattern, but maybe that’s not the move!

If you mean stop sending all PC messages from OT, I’ll have moments in the set where I’ll want AH presets. Or if you mean use an OT part to send out no PC (I’ll check if it’s possible) I might want to change AH presets within one OT part. Hence the post, but I think I can work with the options.

The +fx is far from ideal, I’d rarely want fx on my master, but it solves enough for me that I think I’ll go for it.

just spent an evening wondering why some of those CCs weren’t working lol

The manual gives these wrong values for the BITS effect:

SRBR SRR 88
SRBR BR 88
SRBR Filter 89
SRBR Mix 90

The correct ones are:

SRBR SRR 88
SRBR BR 89
SRBR Filter 90
SRBR Mix 91

I’m not sure who to tag that could correct it :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw do the
MIDI CH MAIN
and
MIDI CH FX
have to be different for them both to work?
The only way I get it to work is if one is set to 1 and the other is set to 2 (or visa versa) and I use two seperate MIDI tracks on OT. Is that just how it is? I was hoping to control both the HEAT block and FX on one MIDI track

1 Like