Can Elektron please start selling MachineDrums again?

Yes…that’s 16 LFOs for 1 track. But actually 1 LFO on each track. So ST having two for each track is good. Having to starve a track of its LFO to give to another always makes me want more. OT styles is the best of the bunch in my opin. Now take those OT LFOs and make THOSE freely assignable…WELL!

Grass is always greener right?
werk with what you got…

1 Like

You can use Octachainer to make sample chains with 120 hits that are evenly spaced so that DT, RYTM, and MS will be able to modulate start point and have hits land correctly. Perhaps you could combine a few different sounds if you are careful about how you set your depth and start position. There are whole threads on this though, I shouldn’t repeat it here… You should just get an OT :wink:

Will the result be actual round robin (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,…) or will it be random order? :wink:

I do but the MD grass smells so tasty… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I spit out a bit of my coffee hahaha

2 Likes

I agree. I complain about having only 2 LFOs pr track on the DN, but the MD felt more limited LFO-wise with only 1 pr track. I did stuff like stack 4 synced and divided square wave LFOs on a sine wave on one track to make «sequencer-in-the-sequencer» style tricks. Those things were fun, but still the OT arrangement is better in my book.

3 Likes

Waiting for Jeanne to tell us that she grew some super hardcore purple OG weed with her Syntakt. :smiley:

4 Likes

For the record, how much do MD UW’s go for now a days? To the owners, how much should they go for? Is there a REAL difference between buying an MK1 vs an MK2 if it’s generally the same thing underneath?

‘Selling’ seems to be the topic here, and Elektron is not going to do it anymore, so asking about second-hand prices in 2023 seems like a reasonable question to ask… out of curiosity that is.

UW+ MKII is the only option, there is no comparison. You should start saving up for one

1 Like

Depends on the LFO shape on start point. Sounds like you want saw.

1 Like

$2500-$3000 seem to be where its at today, i expect it to continue to appreciate over the years also. for reference i bought mine like 8-10 years ago at $1200

1 Like

Every box has endless LFOs if you are willing to introduce external LFOs.
I will often use Logic, Blocks, VCV or sometimes MAX to LFO params. For example, use MD to clock Blocks and Blocks to LFO MD…synced LFOs.

Many ways to ‘git-er-dun’, if yer willing.

OT LFOs :arrow_right: MD….whatever werks.

1 Like

how many MDs were produced in anyones conservative (or informed) estimates?

actually it’s 3x8x2 = 48. don’t forget the midi sequencers each have 3 LFO’s. on the MD, you had to sacrifice a track to midi sequence something. i.e. the machine assigned to that track was the midi machine. and btw, another MD gotcha: shared global effects. and if you wanted to control, LFO or parameter lock them, you had to sacrifice a track to an effects control machine.

anyway… personally I’d rather have 3 LFO’s per track than 16 freely assignable ones. especially with all the ways you can create mayhem and variations in the newer machines without using any LFO’s. and the MD has at most twelve parameters per machine anyway. so the dream of 16 LFO’s making one track insane has only so much to give. though I’m sure you can have multiple LFO’s assigned to the same parameter…

3 Likes

it comes in handy here and there, but rare that im using more than a couple extra lfos for some special sound. the ability to morph between two lfo shapes is a pretty cool feature to mention.

I only know about the mk1s:
2400 non-UW (I guess some of them were upgraded to UW)
800 UW

4 Likes

Wow, are people really paying that much for them? There’s an mk2 non-UW with Minicommand for sale locally for $1100.

I know many people disagree with this, but I think the UW part is totally not essential to experience the fun of the MD.

3 Likes

I bought my MkII non-UW for like $1100 from someone here last summer. I can’t imagine spending more than twice that for the sampling abilities.

That said, almost every time someone posts a video about cool MD tricks, it’s a sample manipulation trick and that bums me out.

Is copper rust a thing on Machinedrum’s audio jacks? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just looking at an offer that has turquoise spots on them [in the photos] that look weird :stuck_out_tongue:

fwiw i checked reverb and theres usually a premium attached to everything there lol, and yes i agree about the UW part, modern daws or elektron boxes have better sampling functionality (tho some of the charm is in its limitations :sweat_smile: ), but its not important to achieving many classic MD sounds

1 Like