9 Likes

No shipping to Thailand or Australia. I’m out. Lol

Are cables still relevant in 2023?

2 Likes

Octatrack users will be happy with this release

1 Like

Waiting for the loopop review

4 Likes

Cables are the last elektron product I still own. I use them daily even if I can’t get them to show consistently in overbridge…Is there a mkII planned ?

Now I have to change all my cables – Thank you Elektron! :wink:
TBH – those look really nice.

Pass.

1 Like

So the cables come before the release of a mixer+fx box right?

Where are the angled ones to save space in portable setups? I heard that some people are using Elektron machines live.

1 Like

Right angled ones work well for a couple of cables, but trying to get 6 of them in the back of an octatrack is actually pretty hard. The right angle part needs to point in a different direction for each one, and they get in the way.

Having bought quite a few right angled ones, I now prefer cables that only stick out a short way from the jack and are flexible enough to bend in any direction. These elektron ones look good.

3 Likes

Very doable with these ones

Compared to these, the Elektron ones look like some rebranded China OEM stuff. They’re not even cheaper. But at least there are longer options.

Anyone know if all 5 pins are wired in the MIDI cables?

My guess is not, as i think that would have been a significant USP to list on the specs … it’s a pity too as these are sold ostensibly for their bigger devices which all support Din-Sync - if these are 3 Pin only they have missed a trick imho … but the price point will be lower and 90+% of owners will only use the port/cable for MIDI

You’ll need to ask @Elektron and let us know here …

2 Likes

Gotcha, yeah, that’s what I was thinking too, was hoping someone might have checked and know offhand. The product page does say:

Wired 5-pin DIN.

so I think there’s a decent chance it may be but looking for someone to positively confirm :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t even know this was a thing until I tried using a Cordial MIDI cable (pretty nice cable imo!) for DIN sync and it wasn’t working.

1 Like

Good news! I heard back from support:

All pins are wired, meaning it is useable for MIDI data and for DIN-sync.

4 Likes

I’ll likely be after a couple of those then at some point … cool

They should make the sales blurb a bit more clear !

Just for general topic info re Elektron Din Sync implementation and cables with connections beyond the central 3 of the 5 used for MIDI

trying to get 6 of them in the back of an octatrack is actually pretty hard

imagine 8!

before I invest, I would like to know what is the lowest-profile solution in terms of cables for all inputs and outputs on the OT? can anyone confirm that Rockboard/EBS flat patch cables can all sit together nicely?

if not, I might go for these new braided ones.