Button rattle

Got my Digitakt replacement after a defective screen, but have a minor issue with Trig button 9.

When it’s ‘released’ the spring mechanism vibrates, and a loud buzzing sound resonates from within the case. Seems it’s the button housing itself, as you can dampen it by touching it. Doesn’t happen when pressing, just the spring when it pops back up.

Very minor, but annoying. Anyone else resolved this one ? Not sure if the button can be reseated?

Raised with support, not a hardware issue.

I’ve found that attaching a small amount of blu-tac to the inner cavity of the button rear completely dampens the spring vibration, without affecting the tactile feel. Hope this helps anyone else who raises concerns with the spring vibrations.

Just got my Digitakt and have the same problem with some buttons, the worst being Func and trig 9. Really annoying, sounds like there’s a spring reverb inside the machine. Surely this isn’t normal? Haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere except for this thread.

Here’s a vid, sounds worse in real life -

1 Like

Yeah. I sent videos to support, they say :

‘This is normal. It’s the spring in the button mechanism you are hearing.’

‘It can vary a bit from unit to unit. This one probably has a bit more spring noise than the other you had. It is however not a hardware fault.’

I had to dampen it though, as I can hear it above the music at times, and it’s very distracting.

If you gently lift the buttons with a guitar pick, apply a small amount of blu-tac or similar to the 4 cavity spaces around the edge - this has really helped.

A real shame though. This is a replacement unit (my first had a dodgy screen) - and the original felt amazing, just tactile and clicky, no spring buzzzzzzzz.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not normal if it’s only really bad on certain buttons, and not present at all on other units. I’m going to contact support for sure.

Thanks for the blu-tac tip, don’t really feel comfortable having to do that on a new £600 machine though :pensive:

Here’s another audio clip - https://soundcloud.com/creta-kano/digitakt-buttons-spring-noise/s-lem5S

2 Likes

It’s the nature of analog components.
Apparently they’re the best in the the world and can’t be matched by anything else ( analog components ).
Segway into analog vs digital for the next 10000 responses.

Please don’t.

1 Like

How is a button “analog”? It’s an acoustic phenomenon (click and spring noise).

1 Like

So has anyone else got this or is it just me and @dustmotes? :open_mouth:

Yeah in most youtube vids the buttons sound quite pleasant, nothing like mine :confused:

Lol let me know what you make with it, they sound like dub rimshots, but not in a good way.

1 Like

Same problem with the trig 8