yeah, I have a 208c and six modules in a 10U SAModular case, plus a 218 LEM v3 to control it all. it’s hard not to choose that over a 50th Anniversary Easel. and it was less cash.
My 208c is in the Buchla boat and may or may not stay there. I’ve ordered a SAModular boat and panels for the 208r. I’ll probably put them on a 2-tier stand with 218 on the table in front on them. I bought a Programmer card and an embed kit, but the angle is weird and I’ve not bothered to use them. It’ll be worse on a stand. I never save my synth patches, so it hardly matters. 
Off topic but did you get the Roland Klinkenberg Easel aux Card ? I’m thinking about getting one.
I have not! so far, I haven’t felt the need to get any cards, since for the most part I have 200e modules that do what I’d want them for. other than things like the VCS3 card (unless I get the SoundFreak modules…). I’m sure I will eventually though, because obviously this would then free up those modules. and likely there’s some cards I don’t know of. there’s a lot of them…
it looks like an excellent card though! and a fair price for what you’re getting.
Looks like there is one on the “modern” easel too.
Does that mean there will be a LEM 218e v3.1?
Anyone have any thoughts on this these days? I got a 208c I absolutely love the sound of. I’ve been using the oxi one and deluge, and I heard the keystep works great for it (gonna pair them tonight).
But I’m wondering how awesome these two are together considering they’re meant for each other!
I dont have a 208c but I’ve been using mine with my wiard300 rack and it’s a ton of fun, probably my favorite midi/CV controller for synths.
You are paying a lot for that last little bit for it to be a “premium” sort of controller over like a keystep, just is very fun to play on though, I did get a pedal switch so I could hold the arp, really was my only quibble with it.
Magnet won’t stick, it’s some kind of non magnetic metal, aluminium perhaps - but rest assure it’s not plastic or flimsy in any way.
Got mine today. It’s so fun and really does enhance the 208c experience quite a bit…though at a hefty v cost…
had a magnet handy… same here with my 208c. and the boats in my Buchla system are also non-magnetic. so likely all are aluminum. the funny thing is… the 218 LEM is magnetic. and heavier. so likely steel.
the Buchla system would be hella heavy if the boats were steel, that’s all I know. because it’s already heavy now.
I absolute love mine for its sound and its looks ![]()
Not for the usability, by the way. I hope I will be able to play it and have some kind of control. Now it is more about tweaking and sometimes it sounds amazing, then I sample it into my dt
Hmm is it plugged into a different environment that usual? Different wall outlet or different usb? There is some possibility it is grounding related. A drop of liquid possibly sweat can make things go kind of haywire for a time, if that’s the case just wipe it down with a dry cloth.
I had a problem with grounding, so it was not the lem. With the wristband everything works fine