Buchla inspired Digitone tutorial

Very nice!

1 Like

I’m 50% done with my west coast synthesis inspired sound pack.
It will be available next month!

Thanks!

12 Likes

LOL! HAHAHA that’s awesome!

2 Likes

I’m working on a series of tutorial videos going more in depth with how the patches are designed. I have a few shows and a panel discussion to do this month, then I’ll be in full-time youtube mode! Thanks a lot for the feedback!

7 Likes

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve had similar thoughts on whipping the sequencer and arp (through p-locks) into a modular-esque place… It’s a cracking machine.

1 Like

Yeah this is really sweet. Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Now that the Synthplex convention is over, I’ll be back in the studio finishing the Sound Pack!

6 Likes

Love the tones you conjured up in this video. Looking forward to the sound pack!

1 Like

I forgot to let the elektronauts the sound pack is available now!
Thanks for your ears.

17 Likes

Coming back to this awesome tutorial and pack!

@william_wild we should link this in the sound-packs thread!

Well, thanks for resurrecting the thread as I missed if some years ago! Really amazing demo and will purchase the sound pack for sure.
I read somewhere over Elektronauts someone asking why every Digitone video sounds the same, and this proves (as if it was needed…) this is not clearly Digitone’s fault

2 Likes

Oooooo!!! I missed that pack! I don’t have a Digitone right now either. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It really can’t be overstated how good the OP video is. The Digitone is VERY much like having a mid-sized Buchla system in a small box.

1 Like

Really seductive, and I still have Buchla system here but… the size, the ability to memorize and recall everything…

I don’t need DT… I don’t need DT… I should wait for Synthakt at least… I don’t need DT… not now : )

1 Like

Or do you?

Hehehehe…

This is making me miss having one. I’ll have to make some patches like this on the Hydra instead…

1 Like

yeah, I think I saw some “hydra-bucha” demos on yt, not sure if it was from you or from someone else… I can mess up something, but seems it was a lady from a kind of experimental music institution who showed dark sides of Hydra… anyway it sounded also very nice with strong “west coast” touch.

well, I’m in trouble… : )

I don’t need 4th FM synth in da house, I don’t need DN… Not now… It’s useless… I don’t need DN…

1 Like

Ah yes. I think it’s Sarah Belle Reid. I liked the concept of the Hydra with the Morph. She definitely has that Buchla-style performance down. I think the patches could have been slightly more interesting, but overall good stuff.

1 Like

yeah right… but what’s really touches me in this DN example is not the patches themselves but the ability to make generative things, perform and paly with them, all in super compact format… such a lovely little playground

1 Like

Yes, agreed!

The Digitone is AMAZING for this. It has all the tools, and all accessible, modulatable, sequenceable, and playable.

Now I’m going to go home and crack open the Hydra Deluxe in a west coast sort of way. I’ve barely touched it since it arrived due to a busy work week. It’s Friday! I think the splits will be great for the playability aspect.

1 Like

Have fun! And I’m going to persuade myself not to get DN…
At the end of the day… why not : )

1 Like

Nowadays many synths are. Behringer Neutron, Arturia Minibrute 2S…

@moderators Is it possible to add a thread into a kind of favorite list? Aside bookmarking…
This thread deserves it.