Buchla inspired Digitone tutorial

I thought I would share this tutorial video demonstrating how to create generative Buchla inspired compositions on the Digitone.

72 Likes

Thanks for making and posting this video: I am going to look for the rest in the series.

Just a small note: I find (like a lot of online videos) that the volume level of the narration is much lower than the volume level of the music; could you make them more even in volume?

4 Likes

3 minutes in and already my favorite Digitone video. You need to do a West Coast sound pack!

4 Likes

I’ve been so resistant to the Digitone GAS… You’re like the cauliflower and broccoli of my gear lust.

7 Likes

Great video, would definitely like to see more about how you programmed the sounds too. And maybe even a wee link to where we can get your music?

3 Likes

Rats! That sounds great! Compelling me to get a replacement for the one I traded out

1 Like

Nice! (as always)

1 Like

Really dig that sound! Appreciate the share! A breakdown of the programming or even better, some patch exports, would be fantastic!

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I’m 50% done with my west coast synthesis inspired sound pack.
It will be available next month!

Thanks!

12 Likes

LOL! HAHAHA that’s awesome!

2 Likes

I’m working on a series of tutorial videos going more in depth with how the patches are designed. I have a few shows and a panel discussion to do this month, then I’ll be in full-time youtube mode! Thanks a lot for the feedback!

7 Likes

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve had similar thoughts on whipping the sequencer and arp (through p-locks) into a modular-esque place… It’s a cracking machine.

1 Like

Yeah this is really sweet. Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Now that the Synthplex convention is over, I’ll be back in the studio finishing the Sound Pack!

6 Likes

Love the tones you conjured up in this video. Looking forward to the sound pack!

1 Like

I forgot to let the elektronauts the sound pack is available now!
Thanks for your ears.

17 Likes

Coming back to this awesome tutorial and pack!

@william_wild we should link this in the sound-packs thread!

Well, thanks for resurrecting the thread as I missed if some years ago! Really amazing demo and will purchase the sound pack for sure.
I read somewhere over Elektronauts someone asking why every Digitone video sounds the same, and this proves (as if it was needed…) this is not clearly Digitone’s fault

2 Likes

Oooooo!!! I missed that pack! I don’t have a Digitone right now either. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It really can’t be overstated how good the OP video is. The Digitone is VERY much like having a mid-sized Buchla system in a small box.

1 Like