Bring back the days of the Analog Keys

Who knows? If Digitone is a big seller then maybe a Digitone Keys will happen.

7 Likes

the forum won’t allow me to execute a two-period ellipsis, either (it changes it to “…”) - what’s up with that? maybe I’m misguided / doing it wrong.

Damn kids reminiscing about AK like its the oldskool, SFX-6 biatches :rofl:

7 Likes

I’m imagining a form factor like the Microkorg but with the brains of a Digitone? Could be cool

1 Like

The advantage of having the keys built in is no cable hassles and its often better than two units --eg the A4 and a keyboard controller was never a nice as using the AK. I had both setups and now have 2 X AK.

Why stop there…just combine the DT & DN side by side and attach a keyboard under it…I would buy that so fast.

1 Like

Exactly having the built in keyboard makes all the difference. To re image a DT and DN in an AK case would be a killer combination and would make a statement --“Look at us we make the best synths in the world, here is our flagship”.
Perhaps the investment company component of Elektron would not like such an expensive >USD 1499 idea?

This is an abhorrent and indefensible statement and certainly not civil - please read through the guidelines and have a think about what that really sounds like. That’s hardly proportional nor constructive or even something that should be said flippantly.

We can do better than this. Please. Leave the gearslutz lingo over there.

3 Likes

Man this hate is getting out of hand. Yes, they overdid themselves in the last two years and should probably have spread there new boxes and mk2’s out over a longer time. But this is still a company who needs to rely on productivity to generate revenue which in turn pays the employees bills. These kind of comments really show a total lack of basic knowledge of what it’s like to succesfully run a business.

They had to produce alot of new stuff because the older stuff wasn’t selling as hot anymore(discontinuation of silver boxes, less revenue of dark trinity). That is the cold hard truth. And there is no doubt in my mind that in due time al these boxes Will get the love and attention that they deserve. And will just as stable and fleshed out as the old machines. If you find these things unforgivable, fine! Then don’t buy there products!

But the simple fact is that you probably buy stuff daily from ten to twenty companies who employ way more shaddier businesspractices and you don’t bat an eye about it.

Some humility should be in place here!

6 Likes

I’m kind of satisfied with Digitakt as a groovebox, but there are some big issues with it. Most notably it still doesn’t have Overbridge, the pattern changing via MIDI works in an awkward way and there is no way to save pattern chains.

What annoys me a little bit is that with some polish and a couple of features from the Digitone this thing would shine. I really miss the BP filter from Digitone, and then audio through.

The lack of information regarding the future of Digitakt, Overbridge etc. is also irritating.

I’m concerned that Elektron are putting out too much a lil bit half baked products. It’s kind of disheartening to see an OS upgrade for the Digitone almost immediatedly after the release. At least they are fixing something.

1 Like