Bring back the days of the Analog Keys

Maybe its just me but Im really disappointed in the Digitakt and Digitone–not digging the smaller form factor . Bring back the days of the Analog Keys !
I think they missed a trick not putting the Digitone in the AK form factor.

2 Likes

different folks.
i love em.

4 Likes

Digitakt and Digitone and OP1 will all appeal to a certain crowd --im guessing 18-25 year olds bought up with gaming consoles.
AK formfactor appeals to traditional players. Im >55 and use OTMK2 X2 , AK and AH.
Bought the Digitakt and sold it. Been into Techno since 1986

3 Likes

Haha, so elitist!

I’m not in that demographic and I love the OP-1 and DT/DN. Are you sure you’re not just baiting?

11 Likes

yawn

6 Likes

I like all three of those instruments (I’ve owned DT and OP-1 and plan to get DN) - and I’m 51 years old and have barely tapped my toes, let alone set foot on a dance floor.

Now this I can agree with. I like to play keys and I love my AK.

3 Likes

As if many people between 18-25 year old can afford $800 toys.

For the record, I am 42 and I really enjoy my Digitakt.

11 Likes

I think the big boxes appeal to people with so much space that they dont have to think about it. If I was to rock an AK, I would need a new studio.

I do not mind toys. I like having fun. And they do not sound like toys.

I’m >50 here, don’t make EDM, and love these well thought out instruments.
If they aren’t for you, don’t play them…

“traditional players”?.. What a strange turn of phrase to use to refer to people who make electronic music!

22 Likes

I love my little Digi boxes :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m 43 and I love my DTs :wink:

1 Like

lol you mean IDM I guess ?

1 Like

They sound great, are delight to use and light enough to take on my daily train commute. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I only heard Autechre, Plaid and BoC sounds from the Digitone demo patterns.

3 Likes

I already have 2 61-key keyboards and a 88-key digital piano. No more keyboards for me, please. I live in a small house, not a mansion with room for a huge keyboard collection.

1 Like

SO disappointed… the new OLED displays are easy on the eyes, and portable gear is better for my back. Remember, lift with your LEGS. Has OP ever heard of the ADM community, xuiqen? autechre?

1 Like

The diggit-akt.

1 Like

I would love to have all my gear in the exact dimensions and Color scheme as the OT mk2. How else could I cope with my OCD.

1 Like

Venetian Snares addressed that idea with his Traditional Synthesizer Music album.

1 Like

It’s desktop machines. Like the blofeld, nord modular etc. But more capable. Just add external gear - like a laptop or a keyboard - and you are good to go.

Cheers

Thomas