Bricked my Digitakt : (

So… I managed to fry something in my Digitakt by connecting it using a “mis-polarized” 12v power source. Now it won’t turn on.

I was wondering if anyone has taken apart their Digitakt or has an idea whether there’s a fuse or a diode somewhere in the board I could attempt to swap? I don’t recognize the smd components, and there are no schematics available.

Any help would be appreciated!

Send it to Elektron. They do it for you.

1 Like

I did it for inexpensive gear but I would do it for a Digitakt.
What if you make a mistake again ?

Seems more reasonable to ask them before ! Warranty, cost, etc…and they may give the best informations on how to repair it.

Yes of course, ask and inform them first.
I had this repair done by them, so they are capable of doing so.

2 Likes

Thanks! I opened a ticket with them earlier this week. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Sounds like not all hope is lost after all!

1 Like

If there’s a polarized capacitor you might have popped that too, probably more time effective to buy the pcb from elektron and replace it yourself unless you’re set up to do smd repair. You’ll lose any projects you haven’t backed up though.

1 Like

Yeah if I’d lose my projects, I wouldn’t bother with it. Then I’d just stick to my OT or maybe buy a DT2 some day.

1 Like

Sending it in for repair you might get your projects back, it’s a gamble on whether they themselves replace the pcb as opposed to repair. Either way kinda long service times though, so if your priority is recovery over time I’d just see what they say in response to your ticket.

1 Like

They had done this repair and all my projects were as before.

3 Likes

Ah ok. Same mistake ?

yes, wrong power adapter that had reversed polarity

1 Like