Brexit and consequences

So, it seems I’m turning into a cautionary tale here…

Ordered from BAX on Friday, got the shipping notification etc for delivery on Wednesday. Never got the Hermes email that @tdmusic got on the morning of the delivery day. Emailed BAX, but didn’t hear back… another chaser 24 hours later - still no news. Maybe a stuck-at-the-border-situation as @frosty_raver has got…

Impossible to know really, the Mondial Relay tracking link says something about ‘received at MR depot’ on three days ago and nothing else…! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I bought from a private seller in Germany the other week, it too took a little long than expected but when it arrived I realised it had been opened by boarder control. Maybe it’s just taking a little longer because of this. Hope it works out!

Oh man, sorry to hear that! Hope it works out okay

Did you try calling them? When I did that to check my address was correct I got straight through to someone

Seriously, if you’re UK-based, avoid dv247 - customer service and response is dire!
No replies to emails, cant get through on the phone and their webchat window is just ignored indefinitely. I’d love to cancel my order but cant even get through to them to do that. I’d strongly recommend avoiding them - I’ll never order from them again.

Mondial Relay employ people with no history checks. They use anyone willing to work for peanuts. Expensive equipment mysteriously enters their Bermuda Triangle and never gets seen again. Zero tracking after initial statement. Guys use your own courier. Insist on it.

1 Like

Yikes… well, judging by @sabana said, i probably got lucky - called through to the customer support (thanks @tdmusic) and got through immediately to a guy who looked into it and said he could confirm it was now with Hermes and scheduled for delivery today or tomorrow.

He sent a Hermes tracking number, which - notwithstanding the Hermes reputation - at least works!

3 Likes

Glad its finally on its way. If you do return it though go your own route. Thats when you discover how bad it gets.

Good stuff, I hope the rest of it goes smoothly :slight_smile:

The Peak finally got here yesterday - in a huge box, all beaten up(!) - “some” plastic air cushions in there… gave me a bit of a shock, but unit seems to be working fine…

I was hesitating a bit to accept the package (but after 10 days, who was I kidding!?) anyway the Hermes guy is like ‘is there a problem’, and I’m like ‘hmm, the box is …kind of open…?’ and he’s like ‘if you have a problem contact them, I don’t work for them’…

Will post some first impressions over in the main Peak thread :wink:

Came with UK plug as well.

Wow that’s super shitty! Sorry you had that experience, mine came in a similar box but full of air cushions and not beaten up at all. Hermes are absolutely hopeless, apparently they are very cheap to send with which is why companies use them but I’ve seen a few companies move away from them lately, probably sick of the hassle.

All kind of backs up my impression of Bax, which is that I wouldn’t use them again out of choice (primarily due to the shitty courier – even though my experience wasn’t too bad, it’s just stressful dealing with them), but I would probably risk it again if I was saving £200+ over anywhere else lol.

Anyway I hope all is good with the synth and you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine!

Yeah, that’s the thing - at £809 it just looked like a steal… glad it worked out for both of us.

Agree that BAX were ok in the end. They do have an option to send with UPS, but that was like £70-80 extra IIRC…

1 Like

Haha yeah I saw that, at which point you might as well pay the extra and go with a reputable UK retailer almost. Ah well, it’s a great synth so I hope you have a lot of fun with it, can’t stop playing with mine but I’d never have bought it (or even had it on my radar TBH) at full price, so it was worth any stress :smiley:

Just wanted to add a second data point… after saying “I would probably risk it again if I was saving £200+ over anywhere else” about Bax, I saw a Hydrasynth Keys for about £350 less than anywhere else so couldn’t resist :joy:

No issues at all this time, in fact it was shown as “out of stock - 6 weeks” but actually arrived one week later, very well packaged. The delivery arrived a couple of hours later than the scheduled window and Hermes tracking etc. is pretty crap, but no issues with Bax.

Just saw this thread! Thinking of getting the Peak and at £799 it’s a steal! I’m in France and Bax’s French site is still selling at full price :rage:

Aside from the power plug there’s no concern about buying from them?

Looks bad, but is unfortunately quite common. I received several beat up boxes (too fine basic cardboard) from Thomann/UPS over the past year as well.

1 Like

If you’re going to get it, make sure that it’s in your hands before the 31st, or you’ll have to pay import duties and you’ll probably see a month or two of delay.

1 Like

My Peak came with a U.K. power adapter and the Hydrasynth has changeable plugs on the power adapter so no issues there. They did include a EU-U.K. converter with each regardless though so I guess usually they are EU plugs.

Like I’ve said a few times, their choice of delivery company sucks and they are maybe not the most responsive company to deal with, but I’ve bought two items at crazy prices that made it worth any minor hassle - the products themselves are in perfect condition and were well packaged. I can’t comment on how it is to deal with returns/issues, sounds like that can be problematic mostly due to delivery company.

As long as you can cope with any potential hassle if the delivery is late or whatever, I’d say go for it (pay on credit card in case of any major issues as ever), personally I cannot resist a bargain and will put with all kinds of hassle to get it :joy:

Edit: oh, and the Peak is a wonderful synth. Crazy steal at that price :smiley:

This is a good point actually (sigh). When I ordered the HS it said 6 weeks wait then arrived a week later, lol. I didn’t even consider any potential import issues if it slipped into 2021 :grimacing:

Yeahhhh… I’ve had solid luck otherwise — picked up a Beebo from Andertons earlier in the year (I’m in Finland), plus assorted other bits. Will miss being able to do that.

1 Like