Breathe 2017 Elektron Analog RYTM Jam

One of my latest beats with the Analog Rytm, trap style with a touch of chill.

6 Likes

styling

Thank you previewlounge.

sweet chill vibe, sounds great thru cans. my only recommendation would be to get some variation into your kick drum … it often dominates the landscape and would benefit from some subtle change as the track progresses.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. This time I just did the bass and kick on the rhythm and tune the sub bass by p locks. I usually try to play bass on a keyboard before I worked with the elektron this time just in the machine.

Nice vibe! All the sounds mesh together quite nicely. I’m curious which synths you used for pads, etc., and if you sampled and then put them in the Rytm, or not?

Thank you Bwax, drums, percussion, and bass was all done in the RYTM. Afterwards I track them into my daw of choice Logic Pro X and added the pads, leads, and medley using Konkant, Ominsphere, and other soft synths. Yes technically I could have bounced the soft synths done to stems and load into the RYTM if I were to play the jam live. Just for studio use I start up with a drum pattern on RYTM and bring it into my daw to arrange, layer, add and mix. I’m an old mpc head so I’m kind of used to that workflow.

Cool. Thanks for the info! I always enjoy hearing about other’s workflow and methods.

Just getting all the drums and bass parts down first, before adding pads, leads, medley, etc. is something I’m curious about. Do you have a specific goal in mind before even making the drum patterns. Like, getting:

1. main pattern
  2. main pattern minus kick
  3. breakdown
  4. transition A
  5. transition B
    etc.

Or, is it just a free-for-all kind of jam - recording yourself playing patterns, hitting pads, muting, fx, - then edit your audio down afterwards to bits and pieces you want to keep from the recorded jam?

Anyways, just curious how other people work and if you have time and feel like expanding on this, that would be cool. :relaxed:

This particular session started out as a learning session drum designing and sequencing at double tempo 150 bpm. As I started programming the drums over and over again I decided to do something with it. As the past few weeks I have focusing on practicing drum synthesis on my new rytm and not making any tracks. My earlier tracks on the rytm were all sample based. As I wanted to keep the process simple this time I didn’t do the different patterns like I would do on my maschine, mpc, or logic patterns. I just vibed on a simple arrangement not even using Overbridge to do multiple outputs as I would have to set up the buses on Logic Pro.

To make a long winded story shorter sometimes the simplest process can be important to capturing the vibe of the moment. In the past using all my other gear I knew very well I would do everything you stated. Just in this case I’m still learning the rytm and keep it simple.

Thanks for delving into your process. It’s great to hear. I’m truly fascinated by how many different ways people can work to produce music. Thanks! Enjoy the Rytm!

Thanks Bwax.