With help from @mikeO, I dived deeper into this, and wow! it is one weird bug!
First, the good news: Nothing is corrupted, and nothing is broken - just the menu operation you tried crashes with those directory names. Restarting the machine¹ brings everything back.
Workaround I’ve found so far: You need to rename the folders as follows²:
- Remove the
_(WAVs)_! prefix from the one directory that has it
- Remove the
_(WAVs)_(Bonus)_ prefix from the directories that have it
- Rename the top level directory to something simple, like:
LMBKV9 - that worked for me
After that, everything should work just fine.
I spent some time trying to narrow it down. It isn’t the parenthesis or exclaimation point on their own - those are both legal, and work in other places. It isn’t just both of those, the name must be at least 28 characters - but not any 28, some work, some don’t (replacing
Bxap for example, works! I will poke at this some more this weekend and submit a detailed bug report.
Meanwhile, @mikeO, it would be great if you’d file a ticket via the support page. You can feel free to let them know that I (they know me there!) can repro the bug and will have additional example cases soon.
¹Note: The Digitakt tries hard to keep everything live in memory, so sometimes after a crash like this you need to not only turn it off, but leave it unplugged for 15 seconds or so.
²This kind of renaming is very easy to do in
elk-herd - try it!