Blofeld weirdo

Hello,

I was screwing around with the Blofeld, extensively using its modulation matrix, after some fiddling I recorded this:

Its solo Blofeld, just some weirdo sounds, love that machine :slight_smile:

jingo

15 Likes

Nice. That fucker does textures like no other synth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing machine for the money.hoping one day to a mk2 with better encoders and more outputs

2 Likes

i still think the Blofeld is a really good machine to have (…and one should have one :smiley: )
would be indeed nice to see a MKII as @Stumm42 says, probably would raise its price a bit but still…having better encoders and few more outs would be an improvement already, even if it kept the same sound engine but i’m not sure it is something that’ll ever happen :expressionless: bbut…

2 Likes

We can only dream :grin: like I said amazing machine for how cheap it can be picked up.some of the pad sounds it can make are beautiful. That and virus ti have a brilliant modulation matrix on them

1 Like

Thanks for posting, very cool textures. Totally motivated me to spend this afternoon programming on my Blofeld!

1 Like

yap,

totally underrated… that thing always puts me onto a sound designing journey, lost for hours … :slight_smile:

Glad to see some ppl around who like that Blofeld like I do …

1 Like

This story and that recording are really inspiring :smiley: I have not yet come to terms with the Blofeld’s interface, but your recording shows me that there’s a pot of gold waiting for me when I do :brain:

1 Like

Just hang in there, I always find it rewarding… I fiddled this sound example after finishing twin peaks season 3, maybe thats the state of mind twin peaks leaves you in ;)…

1 Like

there’re some editors out there that can help speed things up a bit although i never really used any of those.
once you get used to the interface it ain’t too bad…sure there’s a bit of…emm…menu diving to get used to but i think it’s ok in the end :smiley_cat:

edit: actually, i never really thought about this but…mh…mmaybe…:thinking:

2 Likes

The matrix interface is really easy to unterstand and use… in my eyes there is not much menu diving…

That sounds excellent. I love my blofeld keys but since moving house I don’t have space to have it setup all the time. This makes me want to find space (or see if anyone fancies trading a desktop for a keys)…

1 Like

The matrix concept of the Blofeld is not everybody’s cup of tea, sure. I also like an one-knob-one-function interface much more. The Blofeld interface takes some time to develop muscle memory and some ideas to have a short-cut instead to klick through the menu. But I gave it a chance, found my way through, and have been rewarded with sounds, which would not have been possible with my other hardware :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the inspiring words!

1 Like

You’re welcome.

The development of my muscle memory took only some hours during a few days of using it. The structure of the Blofeld is well invented and quite easy to understand. IMO the Blofeld is one of the most affordable and versatile digital synths on the market. It’s much deeper then many others. And it delivers that particular Waldorf-Sound, which can be easily extended by user-wavetables, which was one of the major features for me, to get one in the first place.

1 Like

Totally second that, also the SL option opens unseen and endless possibilities. I would also preorder the MK 2 if ever developed , so cmon Waldorf :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blofeld MK II might be already in the shops and known under the name Quantum :wink:

1 Like

Point in case, but that price tag… :frowning: , Maybe they will manufacture a desktop version, fingers crossed!

I don’t think that a keyboard-less synth would come that much cheaper.

Let’s compare - just for fun - Dave Smith Instruments prices as an example, because they have many keyboard/module products (reference, Thomann):

Prophet 6 keyboard: 2.699,-
Prophet 6 desktop: 2.239,-
difference: 460,-
%: ~ 17%

Estimated Waldorf Quantum destop would be: ~ 3.300 :frowning:

2 Likes

Better than nothing ;), 700€ saved…

1 Like