Blofeld love

I was also reading that the Drive Curve shapes the sound even when the filter mode is set to bypass. I haven’t had time to verify that myself yet though.

What was the issue with the blofeld if I may ask? Considering buying one.

I need inmediate synths.

While the Blofeld seems a good deal to program, several pages with up/down buttons, the problem comes when you need more deep options, like Unison, or Osc routing. You have to select the Osc, then push a lot of times towards left or right with the multi-function knobs, and then do the changes. The buttons aren’t easy to press, and the knobs arent easy to grab.

If while you are creating the patch, you need tweak a lot of times those parameters… it’s really boooring. I simply ignored this all the times I purchased it. I thought I can overcome this problem since I’m older now and I have more patience. Wrong. Mal. It’s not about patience, it’s about how much time you need to program a sound, versus how much time you need to program a sound in, let say, my old Virus C. And while Blofeld sounds good, it’s not easy get those good sounds. At least I need tweak a lot until I get the sound I have in my mind.

6 Likes

There’s always this guy.

Not cheap, but custom made.

Thank you for the information. This is very useful and valuable to me.

Kinda makes me wish Waldorf would make a version of Blofeld in a box like this, for 1200 £€$

great, but an editor will serve you well

Great standalone editor but the aesthetics got to match the comtemporary Blo and this one doesn´t…

It will be so!

Finished my portable setup off with a beat up white blofeld desktop and it all fits! Wobbly encoders and dirty slightly tilted screen, love it.

I use it with my OT+MD and added a line6 M5 to the blofeld output for additional and midi controllable effects! It adds just enough to the digital VA character to make it more fitting with other sounds. It reminds me of the micron which I would prefer, but doesn’t fit my travelcase!

Enough rambling, yet a blofeld love thread seemed the place.

5 Likes

3 Blofelds in picture, but on shelf is another Blofeld keyboard that needs encoder and key repair!
The Black keys and white module are polychained.

9 Likes

i want to play a Blofeld now :smiley:

and write a track entitled Blofeld Love.

2 Likes

whoa … Blofeld afficionado, impressed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blofeld is love :smiley:

Some of my custom patches:

9 Likes

@MarkPigott is the master of the Blofeld. Check out his tutorials.

7 Likes

Great stuff man!
Anyway… greetings from Bangkok😊

1 Like

Somptuous !!!

Such sounds are why I can’t get rid of this instrument…

2 Likes

A future classic…now!

2 Likes

same here

I sold my keys today. They served their purpose.
Better keybed en route :slight_smile:

If somebody doesn’t know blos keybed is probably the nicest you can get in this price range. Hell, It destroys Nords keybeds on all counts and has a nice aftertouch as well.
If space is not an issue I always say go for the keyboard.

3 Likes