Black plug-in window in Ableton 9.7

Hi,
I’ve found only one such topic on this forum. But even though it was only question from one of users with no responses.
So - i vave such problem that i’ve installed Overbrigde 2.0.35.4, found proper .dll did a shortcut to my custom vst folder and found Digitakt in Ableton.
But after loading (it seems it’s loading) gui is all black. Just black.
I checked it in Reaper and it works. Gui is loading properly and everything works as it should.
Any ideas???
Thans
Cheers

1 Like

Same problem here! Did you get the problem solved by chance?

I wrote to support. And they told me that my graphics which is integrated is not working with their software. :confused:

1 Like

I don’t want to give you false hope, but the black plug in screen isn’t always caused by that. I had a similar issue with ilok and softube American Class A channel strip. I have vega 8 graphics+1050 and the issue was there with both.

Remove overbridge, try and get all the left over files. Update graphics, have a good look at what’s running on the taskbar, stop everything not essential, double check you have the latest chipset drivers, re-install.

Also try running the DAW as admin, this fixes a few of those odd bugs.

1 Like

I really have no energy to fight with it. Anyway i have more serious issues with my DT. I’ll start the new topic 'cause they really pissed me off :confused:

This did it for me. In my case, (Intel HD Graphics 3000) don’t release newer drivers that provide support for OpenGL 3.2 which is i think the graphic platform for the new Overbridge GUI now. This video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqe5cgthZH4 enabled me to use programs that need that (In my case Ableton) . It’s an annoying workaround but ever since that i don’t have any problems with Overbridging.
This page may explain it “easier”
https://gist.github.com/rb-dahlb/26f316c5b6089807a139fc44ee69f0d1
(i mean i’m no hackerman so i found it a chore) :cold_sweat: it’s possible tho!

1 Like

You can try disabling hardware acceleration. That can cause a decent amount of issues. I believe the tool you can download is dxcpl.exe (Direct X Control Panel). Run the tool as administrator when you use it.

2 Likes

Couldn’t be more thankful! This fix worked for me! Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:

I tried that fix. Seems to work only for 64bit. Even if I used 32bit version of Compatibility Administrator and applied fix for 32bit Ableton, the Elektron’s Overbridge plugin window is still black. Anyone managed with 32bit, any hints?