Black Friday 2016

Yes for anyone waiting for Nord G3 buy Reaktor 6
Awesome

2 Likes

indeed, I just have to THINK about what will be my next reaktor session to feel Iā€™m facing a whole universe, and I could fall from very high altitude in the deep black space ah ah, vertigo, and the sound scape is really really good, pure audio quality and forward thinking materialā€¦

Iā€™m also barely scratching the surface, using native and user instruments to squeeze sound textures, synths, percussive sounds and experimental weirdness and sample the hell out of it to feed the octatrack. Then turn off the computer and sequence the matter :smiley:

2 Likes

I think everyone with an interest in synthesis and sound design should buy Reaktor 6, even if youā€™re not into using software. Itā€™s such an awesome platform for learning, pretty easy to use at a Primary level, and if youā€™re too lazy to build anything you can hit the user library and find something inspiring in the decade+ old archive there.

3 Likes

Can I use the moot voyager hardware oscillator and plug it into my sound interface to drive reaktor 6?

Havenā€™t tried but you can process external audio in R6
As its modular you should be able to send this anywhere you please e.g fm Reaktor oscillators etc

1 Like

There are some things for which Iā€™m still really angry at NI (mostly due to their abandonment of Kore - the only ā€˜unified hardware/softwareā€™ interface that I liked and a good host program to boot - especially for routing creative Reaktor MIDI sequencers to other soft synths). But as a Reaktor 5 user, I got a hell of a lot of value out of that system. Bought it in 2005. Got plenty of free updates and community things for a full decade.

I havenā€™t upgraded to 6 though. Mostly due to general computer disgruntlement more than anything else. I canā€™t complain much that the upgrade price is $99 (but I will complain, a little bit, that thereā€™s no black friday discount of the upgrade :wink: ). Really terrific value.

Reaktor 6 blocks is a whole new level from V5.
The new blocks modular concept is awesome
Definitely worth the upgrade

2 Likes

can you use/control Reaktor 6 with the maschine studio hardware?

Have Maschine 2 not studio
As its a NI product there is always deep integration between NI hardware and NI software. Everything pre mapped etc.
Having said that havenā€™t used my Maschine in ages, not since I got Reaktor 6 anyway so canā€™t confirm exact level of control

May I add a little shameless (almost)self-promo here? The micro-looper and glitch/freeze effect plug-in Frosting by Ju-X, which Iā€™ve helped to design, is currently 35% off until December 5th.

http://ju-x.com/frosting

1 Like

Aiaiai tma1 are 25% off on aiaiai site
By thĆ© way and thĆ© hasard, i discovered elektron analog drive design was subcontracted to Ć  companie called kilo, they designed aiaiai headphone tooā€¦

I canā€™t find Tma1 on sale, just Tma2ā€¦

Iā€™ve got a strict ā€œone in, one outā€ policy instituted in the studio nowadays since Iā€™ve got more gear than I can really use. With that in mind I bought a bunch of interesting one shot sample libraries from samplephonics since they had a 50% off sale for Black Friday

1 Like

Sorry to tempt people to part with their dosh, but just noticed that bax shop have the Strymon Big Sky for 299 which seems a pretty good deal.

1 Like

Youā€™ll have control over a whole load of parameters (several banks will be mapped to the knobs) and control over selecting presets and things (as well as adding effects slots). You wont have control of actually building an instrument from scratch.

I dont use my Maschine at all any more as got everything working in Live via Push 2 which is great. Tempted by the upgrade to Komplete 11 though despite it not being on sale.

Link ?

Are these elektron soundpacks reduced worth buying?

I enjoyed the VHSā€¦

1 Like

Vhs looks worth due to size and variety.

1 Like

Pretty sweet at this price.

1 Like