Bit of light reading

Second time with the OT Mk2, and this time I’m getting serious.

That being said, in the few days since I’ve been back with it in my life, I have remembered quite a bit which was a surprise.

We will see…

Any other resources you recommend?

1 Like

There’s Merlin’s Guide, though incomplete, does a great job at explaining certain concepts

I’ve heard talk of new books, but haven’t seen one. Would love more reading on the subject!

1 Like

Merlin’s Guide is already in the photo above :wink:

2 Likes

I would love to see a ‘for dummies…’ version if I’m honest!

1 Like

It would certainly apply to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@sezare56 when will you write a guide :slight_smile: ?

4 Likes

Don’t tell anyone, but that’s his secret undercover mission for the Year of the Octatrack ( OT Science Lab - 1 year study ).

:smile:

1 Like

What for? Noobs are stupid, I’m too technical! :tongue: Working too much for the moment, no more energy for musical stuff! :slightly_frowning_face:

Participating is almost luxury!

Octatrack itself, practice, read the menus, serigraphy, serial number!
Back to manual, practice, Elektronauts topics search / questions, practice, manual, practice, Elektronauts challenges / science labs, practice, and so on…

7 Likes

Yeah, there are no shortcuts possible.

Practise, head scratching, practise, hair tearing, practise, face palming.

Practise, more hair tearing, practise, even more hair … oh, nothing left, so polishing the new “skin head”.

Practise, posting on Elektronauts, practise, reading some rude (“RTFM!”) answers on Elektronauts. Practise. The world is a lonely place.

Practise, softly crying, practise, checking Elektronauts again, but quickly losing all hope (everyone seems to be asleep now, even the OT gurus @sezare56 and @Open_Mike).

Practise, practise, practise … enlightment strikes (not really, was just the morning sun in combination with dehydration).

Keep going, practise, practise, practise … another day, another chance.

Disclaimer: This is all just pure fiction. No one would ever write rude answers on Elektronauts.

6 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

You can practice, drink and smoke till late, but don’t be surprised to see the morning sun like that : :content:

3 Likes

Yeah I’m all about discovering things by playing!
The best advice for the OT is to learn one part at a time.

I’ve just tried to do pick up machine sampling, when I should focus on getting my head around some of the other stuff first.

Btw I found Parts changes and Pickups really frustrating at first. I avoided them for a while, learned, still avoid them!

1 Like

I still find Parts frustrating…

1 Like

Next time you wake me up you could at least bring me a coffee emoji :coffee:
I’m going back to bed… :sleeping_bed: Wake me up when there’s no more OT questions… :grin:

2 Likes

I’m slowly working on one…

…that caters for users of all levels.

3 Likes