Birthday

Turned fifty today. Feels Odd.
Bought myself a s/h Karp Oddy as a gift to myself. That Synth came out almost fifty years too. So, Happy Birthday to ne! :partying_face:

Feel free to use this thread for your birthday too. :yum:

38 Likes

Congrats! Hope you have a wonderful day with your Karp Oddy. My birthday is not today, but I am going to have an amazing day with my Moog Matriarch anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! You’re not old until you literally can’t do the majority stuff anymore.

5 Likes

Congrats! Oh, I better start thinking about which mid-80s synth I’ll get for myself when I turn 50… :grinning:

6 Likes

Happy birthday! Today is my birthday too, 43. I bought myself a second hand analog four mk1 :grinning:

7 Likes

Yamaha SY35! A classic.

1 Like

The german phrase for this is: “Gönn dir!”
:partying_face:

Congratulations to you too!

2 Likes

Congrats!
I hit the 40 on saturday but haven’t treated myself yet as items on my wishlist are either too expensive (AR MKII and A4 MKII) or not available at the moment… and I‘m still waiting for a good chunk of last years tax return.
On top of my current wishlist: Poly Effects Beebo/Digit and ASM Hydrasynth (desktop). Maybe around christmas then…

2 Likes

Happy birthday! As long as you’re still able to lug that Odyssey around, you’re not old.

2 Likes

Happy birthday and have much fun with your new synth … love the Odyssey too … so direct … so versatile … so quick to change the timbre even without patch memories … :partying_face: :champagne: :cake: :musical_keyboard:

1 Like

Happy Birthday!

Mine is on the 1st, can’t believe I haven’t thought yet about a little present for myself. :thinking:

1 Like

Enjoy your 50th! That was a big one for me, feels like a time to reflect and make a plan for the future.

51st, not so much… just felt like another day (with a surpressed acceptance of “well guess I’m FIRMLY in my 50’s now”…)

2 Likes

Happy 50th to you! You’re roughly the same age as a Minimoog or a VCS3. I hope you still have all of your original components intact. If not, give ‘em a squirt of De-Oxit to prepare them for the next fifty!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday and congrats on the milestone! Enjoy the gift and remember you are on the bright side of a decade again!

3 Likes

I turned 40 back in April. 1/10 would not recommend. I’m not saying it was a “bad” birthday at all, just nothing what I was hoping for. That says more about unrealistic expectations than anything else. Pandemic just solidified the fact that I wouldn’t get to hang out with friends. Maybe next year.

Enough of my whining though - happy birthday to you! May you prove that age is merely a number. I know I act less than my age all the time.

1 Like

Merry birthing!

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Day Of The Birth!!!

2 Likes

Turned 52 on Oct, 24th. Don’t feels odd anymore … :wink: :smiley:

Best wishes!

4 Likes

Happy fiddy @plusn

Seems like we have quite a few half centurions in the fold now, I remember when all this was just fields :laughing:

5 Likes

Yes, i had to cancel my Party as well, due to new restrictions.
Oh well, more beer for me.
:beers:

3 Likes