Birds!

Being a juggler, i hang out in parks a lot
Since a biologist and i have been watching ducks in the park, i always feel sorry for the female ducks. The sexual behavior of the 5 males around her doesn’t look healthy and pleasant for the female. Since the moment i see this duck-behavior in most parks

1 Like

I live next to the forest, know many sounds an recognize birds by behavior. I grew up with this, and love it to look around and be able to determine my world around me. Almost like mindfulness.

since this year, there is a wren in my garden. A wren has a rytmic one tone short and fast attack sound. Funny how it fits my music,

3 Likes

Yeah, ducks are really rapey.

2 Likes

Just gonna leave this little fellow here…

10 Likes

Chicken too

1 Like

One of my favourites, Green Catbird, Ailuroedus Crassirostris Taken at a local Rainforest.

And , total fluke, got this one this morning through my kitchen window at sunrise. Yet another brood! Wood ducks going for it this year Chenonetta Jubata

13 Likes

This is superb!

1 Like

8 Likes

And this is?
(Please name your birds, it saves people having to ask.)

4 Likes

The first is a Goldcrest ( regulus regulus, roitelet huppé) the second is a drawing.

4 Likes

removed not taken by me

4 Likes

I love chickens <3
my first pets were hens…

4 Likes

beautiful

3 Likes

I :heart: this thread.

5 Likes

Did you make this picture?
I rarely saw them in my garden
Hard to see them, i tried to make pictures and videos
But never succeeded

1 Like

Yes, this bird had hit our window, I (shamefully) took advantage of the few minutes where it was a little knocked out.
I live in the Belgian Ardennes in the middle of the forest and here they are very numerous, Eurasian Nuthatch (Sitta europaea), European Robin (Erithacus rubecula), Eurasian Jay (Garrulus glandarius), Great Spotted Woodpecker (Dendrocopos major), Great Tit (Parus major), Eurasian Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula), Common Buzzard (Buteo buteo), Tawny Owl (Strix aluco) and more many others.

4 Likes

These are the most incredible sound generators on Elektronauts!

4 Likes

As we talk about raptors.

Black Urubu (Coragyps atratus)

Red head Urubu (Cathartes aura)

8 Likes

Folks! Some amazingly awesome pictures in this thread! Actually they‘re too good. Watch this video and watch out, pals!

1 Like

Little known fact: I trained for a year with a local falconer a few years back (betwen employment) and put myself through LANTRA course (what best resembles a qualification in the UK) for falconry. I then had a Harris Hawk, Eva, for about 3 years before I made a stupid mistake and she ended up flying free. After several months of tracking and responding to sightings of her I never recovered her. One of the saddest episodes of my life. I’ve been obsessed with birds of prey all of my life and doing the training and keeping a bird (under the mentoring of another local falconry guy) was an absolute dream-come-true. I always did have internal conflict about ‘owning’ a bird and I never wanted to be one of ‘those peope’ that foolishly let a raptor free into the wild (a non-native one). It was a hard lesson and I still miss early winter morning walks with her hunting pheasants and partridge.

16 Likes