Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 26 | K.P. & Envyi - Swing My Way

Thanks for all the positive charge @everyone with the massive beats :muscle: Not long ago, there was talk about Canibus over on the hip hop thread and this used to be an overplayed freestyle back in the younger days so decided to remix that. The main sample is the sample track provided by @natehorn, the drums I added extra, and on the bass features @Doug with the sample pack he released here recently, and I recommend checking it out it’s :fire: Support your local elektronauts fellas, and fellalinas (when you can) :beers:

8 Likes

Love this total :fire:

1 Like

@monquixote thank you man! :beers:

1 Like

A bit late and not really finished.

5 Likes

You’ve actually got until tomorrow this time because I was late, but I’m glad it put some fire under you for a second shot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jeez, everyone has brought absolute heat this sesh. Favourite stuff I’ve heard from all of you I think! @aarb420 you nailed that, it’s swanging! And @proskynesis, that’s another wicked one, great building hypnotic driving vibes… Don’t think it’s gonna happen for me this time which given the crazy intimidating standards here is prob no bad thing :smile:

3 Likes

You needn’t be intimidated your stuff is always a highlight!

Me and aarb have been discussing perhaps putting an EP together with a bunch of the stuff we’ve collectively put together over the past year. A little compilation that I think we could approach a few labels with, would be amazing to get it pressed to vinyl.

Will reach out to you all in a DM about it soon but hope you’re all up for it, the masses deserve to hear these wonders

6 Likes

made this without the stems lol, still might try something else using the stems we’ll see.
either recreating this to clean it the fuck up or something completely different.
made on DT, i think it was 5 tracks of swing my way samples, mostly slowed. found a couple pad sounds from the blofeld that were already recorded in the project that worked tonally, then added some pitch shifted scatting and some EWI flute.
Im looking forward to hearing what you all did, but gonna go thru the stems first :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ran this one through Drambo on my phone. Never had heard this track before, hope yall like it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@proskynesis 2/2 man you really found a tasty formula and looking forward to future recipes :beers:

@NVVI Are those “budum buh buh” notes being done on the EWI Flute? That expression sounds so fresh, and seems really natural coming out of that device. Also, can’t remember if you’ve already been around these parts before, and if not, welcome, but if so, welcome back :beers:

@malus_mons Sweet concept/execution on the tempo and beat switch ups :muscle: Those pans are incredibly fun to listen to man :beers:

3 Likes

Updated my last track. Still some annoying things in it but Im just overworking it now so it will have to rest. Thanks for another nice mission! Awesome tracks everybody! And it feels like the vocalstem from this one got 600 UKG songs hidden in it.

3 Likes

Baasssssss DROP!

2 Likes