Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 21 | Wes Montgomery - A Day In The Life

Good lookin out!

It will be easy walking the dog feeling this light in the step!

1 Like

I decided to just throw it all in: filter sweeps, chopped up breaks, 12 bar blues, and my shitty guitar setup that reminds me why I stopped recording with it (Squire gang for life). I am an actual blooz dad and here’s my kids hanging out with some goats down the road today, I had to make it up to them for telling them to be quiet while I make a beat for the Elektronaughts! they’ll get it one day…

7 Likes

So wait @malus_mons is that you playing guitar on this?

Yeah, it’s me. :metal:

This whole sequencing bleep blop electronic music world is new to me, I only bought a model samples 2 years ago. Traded in a les Paul special for that and a ju-06a and those are long gone now lol, I’m fully invested and having more fun than ever. For my live sets I usually play guitar because it’s a nice way to connect with the audience but I get so much noise in the signal at home when I record I usually just skip it.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I wish Bandcamp would show a play count. I could migrate off of SoundCloud. For my personal tracks.

Yeah you need to go into stats for that. But its a nice I think to have a nautsalbum on bc for these things. Always hit the roof on sc and too cheap to go pro.

1 Like

Yeah, I bought the Next Pro, and to justify the cost, I keep putting up battles… as a by product though… I really enjoy doing them!

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet folks, had the chance to play with something this evening in Ableton though :skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

Been missing you buddy.

Is it a summertime thing? From the sounds of this track, it’s definitely sounds like a summertime thing!

2 Likes

I wish! I’m house hunting right now so a lot of my time is occupied with those shenanigans, it’s a soul-sucking task :sweat_smile:

Glad I gave some summer vibes though :slight_smile:

1 Like

@natehorn love the sample flipping and chopping!
Who is that talking through the track?

1 Like

Super slop on the 404.

5 Likes

@looms wooof nice one man I can hear some hard rhymes over that one!

You guys have all been individually killing this sample and it’s so awesome to hear. This was one of the earliest albums that I was lucky enough to add to my collection simply for the cover haha, and this brings both nostalgia and awesome feels for being able to see the different directions you all took it to! :beers: Thanks for sharing @everyone! :muscle:

Also, I was really lucky to have a quick stop at a record shop up north to pick up a few new rare flaves out this past week, and I’m already assuming it’s going to be hard sourcing an hq version. Wishing you all a great rest of your week and hope to see you all again soon!

5 Likes

Thanks man! Jeez though I really need to stop being so lazy and use proper speakers instead of just my laptop. Listened first time on earphones today and the bass is way too much :grimacing:

1 Like

In Montreal. Digitakt here. Family vacation.

“We be to rap what key be to lock”

1 hour on the clock and this is what I got…

May add another hour on the clock and add more drum play and guitar bits… or keep moving. Thanks for sharing @natehorn

3 Likes