Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 20 | Chocolate Milk - Action Speaks Louder Than Words

Nice. You brought the funk.

2 Likes

Endowed with the flow and the destinies to grow
Into what youā€™ve come to be, and only you can be sons of the P
As it is so shall it be the maximum izness
Graduation is upon you, go forth and funk 'em

2 Likes

Haā€¦ nice metaphorical pun. At least my interpretation.

could ā€œSons of the Pā€, mean that life comes from a man,

and also referencing the P-Bass, a staple of funk bass players all over.

2 Likes

Sons of Parliament Funkadelic, the mothership connection :flying_saucer:

4 Likes

If I toast to the Rhythm,
Would you drink to that.

2 Likes

@BLKrbbt Dope remix such an unexpected take but this is a slapper noice man :beers:

@proskynesis dope funk on the first go, but that second beat is so damn hard man jeez Louise :muscle:

@malus_mons Cool jazzy elements and builds man your snare repeats on the intro are :fire:

Be there soon, have a bunch of loops with no real ties to each other :older_man:

5 Likes

I did another quick one, probably needs an acapella again, Itā€™s still a bit plain.
I just wanted to make something a little bit more funkier than my other one

6 Likes

I really need to get on this! I had a bit of a backlog I wanted to get through and have only just caught up - Iā€™ll work on something tomorrow :scream: Enjoying everyones efforts!

5 Likes

Quick one all in AbletonƩ. Weird one! Bass from the sample. Vocals vocodeeeeered.

6 Likes

@Yabba drums are delicious man awesome intro to a massive beat!

@looms sweet style man those stabs are lovely!

I think I was overly entranced with the snare on the intro of the record and overlooked the lack of samples to really grab from the track :innocent: props to @everyone for the immense effort youā€™ve endured and shared in your respective processes to come up with such great tracks! :beers:

Hereā€™s two remixes of an og song. The first is more recent when I got tired of working on the second one lol so you may hear some similar elements between the two. I hope no one was afraid to use the Bruton playlist btw, and I took some bits from there from being on a library music high lately/always. Had lots of fun jammin with you guys again this week and looking forward to another :fire: @natehorn discovery in the not so distant future! :muscle:

v2

v1

6 Likes

Yooo, Iā€™m loving these @aarb420 :fire:

2 Likes

@aarb420 is the truth.

2 Likes

@looms @BLKrbbt thanks guys full torque gassed up over here haha :beers:

2 Likes

You know, Maschine Mk3 is really starting to feel like a cheat code.

1 Like

You really did an awesome job with the Lucini mix man, I mean that :muscle: is that what you used for that beat?

1 Like

The thing is, I donā€™t use the Maschine to finger drumā€¦ I use it as a complete production workstation. And I upgraded to Komplete Standard. So itā€™s maxed out (almost). And Iā€™ve refined my workflow to match.

The real star is this standalone audio recorder called Rewind. I can now grab audio at anytime and drag it into Maschine.

I grabbed the acappella, and sequenced the drums with 40ā€™s Own Drums. Then chopped up the sample and played the chops, adjusted and partially quantized (Iā€™m using it less and less to get a looser feel)

All is arranged on Maschine Mk3.

Then I bounced to Logic for a little Diva action to finish it off.

I couldā€™ve been truer to the sources, but I wanted to bang. This new midi controller was just what I needed for the DAW work.

1 Like

@BLKrbbt I love that you found the Lucini acapella and hooked it up with your beat. It really does feel like those two lush sounds belong together. Great beats.

@aarb420 thankā€™s for the warm welcome! I am loving the sunday morning challenges

I admit, I treated this record with so much respect that I was almost scared to mess with it too much. After spending a looong time thinking I was going to continue experimenting with a skippy uk garage style beat on this - it was too much of a stretch for me and I ended up keeping true to the head nod factor and to my hiphop roots. (but with a big nod to the UK with the vocals I chose).

Thanks again for the invite - keep em coming

5 Likes

@surfacescan Nice one man! Thatā€™s an awesome mix you have over there :muscle:

2 Likes

I missed the deadline but I am not dead - I will do something this week I promise!

3 Likes

@aarb420 those are really good mate.
Love em both

2 Likes