Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 18 | Heatwave - Therm Warfare

I absolutely love this.

Holy shit. It just kept evolving.

2 Likes

@BLKrbbt @aarb420 thanks guys! I wish I fiddled with the filter more on the synth solo but my 2 year old was throwing Legos at me so I needed a spare hand to deflect the onslaught. Just another Sunday morning at the Malus mons home studio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: I use my “gear” (a term I can’t stand) my instruments for live performances and the OT is absolutely vital for that, a computer or iOS device or even a digitakt would never work for me in that context. But seriously Drambo is like everything everyone wants out of the next Elektron instrument, plus more.

1 Like

It’s actually kinda funny the different experience it is from being a producer to a lister. A listener is experiencing the macro, and then small moments may stand out.

A producer is working on small microcosms that fit into the whole arrangement (the macro), so in a sense, we are listening to two different things.

The adage rings true, a painting is never done to an artist.

2 Likes

Late submission guys my bad! I got overly caught up in lining up/mixing the acapella and the intro is sorta off (as well as some other parts). It makes me respect you guys more for being able to mix stemrolled samples/vocals so well so that that effect isn’t noticeable! :beers:

It’s a few beats that last minute turned into a tornado. Found a MF Doom Doomsday acapella on yt that someone kindly DIYed as my pc kept crashing again trying to do it myself :older_man:

5 Likes

Nice one @aarb420 I hear your concerns but it just gives it that mixtape feel
Good stuff

1 Like

@Yabba thank you man! I can dig that :beers: took forever on it but still kinda rushed that one out because the ideas tend to begin brewing in the final hours haha. Props on your guys’ ability to clean up those files man that’s a serious skill!

Also, thank you @everyone for stopping by, and for displaying amazing styles for us all :slightly_smiling_face:
You guys are constantly leveling up and it’s awesome hearing fresh concepts take place! Hope to see you all at the next dope sample journey when @natehorn drops the next juicy find :fire:

Have a great week ahead, all! :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Oops forgot about this. My kid broke her leg and working on the most epic festivalgig ever. Want to work on this more but wtf. Shitty mix and sloppy buildups etc and just a limiter on the master.

4 Likes

Og samples, some amen. 3x vcv rack, massive. lots of valhalla and echo. Drums from Warren G and 909.

4 Likes

@proskynesis Sorry to hear about your kid man, and wishing them a healthy, speedy recovery! That first song is such a nice flavor of mean, well done on both of these! :muscle: I love the space/floating samples. Glad you were able to stop by and thanks for sharing some :fire: with us, plus good luck on the gig (if you get to record it, please share)!

1 Like