Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 12 | Wayne Shorter - Genesis

Woah this sounds HEAVY, and almost resembles a Beatles track! It definitely sounds neat on it’s own without drums, and it’s feeling like it would make for a MEGA intro/outro on a movie/album :thinking: It’s beautiful and I think you got the title for our first drumless submission btw :fire:

2 Likes

I don’t know what the fuck this is anymore but here’s… something! Audio quality is pretty shitty.

And I pitched down version with even shittier audio quality but I’ve been bouncing between which I prefer. Right now neither of them because I’ve been on it all day.

The bassline is cheesy right? Haha. Fuuuuuuck :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yo this is actually really nice man. Agreed the sort of synth line doesn’t quite do the rest justice but other than that it’s really cool! Like aarb said it’s got a bit of a beatles vibe and following that train of thought i can imagine jay z chatting over the top in a grey album style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@looms That bassline is delicious and so is the overall feel you’re presenting! Also that bitrate reduction on the samples is CRISP, and I’m conflicted on which version I like more haha :thinking: awesome work man and thanks for dropping double bangers! :beers:

Also, ran out of likes again, that cat thread is siphoning a lot of them, so here you go man!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

1 Like

The cat thread is :100: my most liked thread on here :joy: in fact, probably my favourite place on the internet :heart_eyes_cat:

Thanks for the kind words mate. Glad you like the bite rate sound. I wasn’t sure about it. I wasn’t sure about most of it, haha. Def gonna try and do more of a quick thing for the new challenge!

1 Like